Chapter I.

'Miss Elan,' a person walked into the room. I knew who it was, I saw her when I first woke up. She was the first person I saw after waking up.

'Miss Elan, won't you please get up from your bed?' she begged as she found me laying down, my eyes trailing the ceiling.

It was too detailed, so I was becoming tired just by looking at the ceiling.

'Miss Elan, your brother who went to the academy is finally returning home today!' she said in excitement, starting her one sided conversation all again.

Miss Elan, miss, our little miss, that's what everyone in this household calls me. Honestly, it's a bit irritating, but I'm too lazy to ask what my name is, or who I am. Someone will probably tell me later.

'Miss Elan, you've slept for two days since you've woken up.'

Did I? Well... anyway, I like living this way. Doing nothing, just quietly laying down, with servants to bring me food, & massage my body, to put on masks on my face.

There's no one to order me around, because... maybe I'm the only one who lives in this world, except the people who works for me. I'm too lazy to try, & think of any other possibilities, it's just a waste of time.

'Miss Elan, please get up from bed, or today, we will not bring your meal to your room,' she threatened, & I sighed; 'Yeah, ok,' I agreed- only because I was too lazy to try an argue.

This is the first time I'm speaking, my voice sounds pretty.

Then my stomach rumbled, & the person waited for me to give up.

Just thinking about getting up from this soft incredible bed, made me feel like I wanted to collapse, but I felt like dying. I wanted to eat, I feel so hungry!!

In the end, I decided to get up from bed.

And, I started to roll to my right side where I heard her voice; 'M-miss!' she screamed but was unable to do anything as I fell off from the bed with a loud thud.

'Ow,' I moaned with a monotonous voice. Using other expression, making my face muscles move... that sounded too tiring, but it really hurt.

'M-m-miss! Are you ok?'

'Can you roll me to the dining room?' I asked, & only silence replied me. Then; 'But miss, you have to dress first.'

I groaned in reply.

...

The maid scooped a soup into my open mouth as a handsome boy about twelve, or fourteen stared at me with wide eyes.

'Did... did she become terminally ill while I was away?' he asked, his voice trembling noticeably. I, the subject of the conversation stayed quiet as if I was mute; 'Your sister is not ill,' a woman said, tears filling her eyes as she dabbed them with a napkin.

Hmm, please don't act like that when I'm sitting right beside you.

'Phoenix, my daughter... won't you greet your brother who came here after a long time?' a man sitting at the table asked me, with that same sad look lingering in his eyes as he stared at me.

The man had blue eyes, & soft black hair, same as the younger boy. Well, I'm sure it was the man who had blue eyes first, not the boy. There is no way, that a boy would be born first after all. That said, what did he just call me?

'Hello,' I said to the boy sitting before me, & he clenched his hands while his brows furrowed; I wish you wouldn't have done that to my face but...

'My sister, what happened to you?'

I didn't bother to answer, as I opened my mouth again, & the maid put another spoon of the delicious soup in my mouth.

'Phoenix, please don't-'

'What?' I suddenly shifted making the maid miss my mouth, & spill the soup on my nightgown. (in the end, she came down with her nightgown)

'Oh my god, I'm so-' the maid dropped down to her knees, & started to apologize, while the people at the table jolted up from the chair, shocked at something.

Probably that I talked voluntarily.

'Are you alright my-'

'What did you call me then?'

'... Phoenix? What's wrong Phoenix? Do you feel sick?' the man asked, but I shook my head.

Everything seemed to spinning around; I finally remembered something. Something that-

'Aaah!' I suddenly screamed, falling down from the chair, spilling the food before me at the same time.

My breath was uneven as I held my head that was aching with my hands tenderly. It began to spin, everything, the voices, some voices I didn't even know of, & words, so so many words. Words that swirled all around me...

Before I knew, my eyelids closed, making everything turn black.