Arc 1: Chapter 5

Elenor took out a few books of different genres and briefly looked through the contents of the books. Picking out two among the books she had looked through, she headed towards the counter to pay. After she paid for it, she took the books and thanked the owner before leaving the store.

Looking around, Elenor notices that Richard hasn't come out yet so she stood beside the store with Alec, waiting for him to come out. But after some time, Richard still hasn't come out.

"Alec could you go find him inside the store? We might miss the carriage if we're late." she ordered.

Alec nodded, following her orders he headed into the store leaving her alone outside. Lightly tapping her foot on the pavement, Elenor blankly stared at the sky, waiting for the two to come back.

"What's a pretty lady like you out here all alone?" she hear a deep voice speaking to her.

Elenor glanced up at the person who spoke, expressionless. There were three men surrounding her and they all smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. They had scrawny beards and ugly moustaches on their face as well. Elenor looked back down, ignoring their existence.

"Hey don't ignore us." one of the men said, forcefully holding her chin up to face them.

Elenor pinched her nose and frowned, "Your breath stinks, have you never brushed your teeth?"

"...What?"

"How are you going to catch some ladies if you can't even groom yourselves properly? Look at how rotten your teeth are. That's why you are having a hard time trying to get one."

Elenor sent them a smile, "Ah how about you three gentlemen go back home and brush your teeth? Maybe then a lady would actually talk and not ignore your flirts."

"This bitch!"

"Ah I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Shut up you cocky whore!" one of them lifted his fist up and was about to land a hit on Elenor when she grabbed his arm and twisted it.

She kicked his foot causing him to stumble, flipping him down on his back in process. The other two stared at her, bewildered. Elenor dusted her hands before grinning at the man under her.

"I told you not to do that didn't I?"

Elenor glanced at the bookstore door. The bookstore wasn't crowded as it was in a secluded area of the capital and since the two aren't coming out anytime soon, she might as well give these men a little taste of their own medicine. Elenor looked back at the man under her and smiled, lifting her fist up.

"This nice lady will teach you a lesson okay?"

Elenor could feel the man under her shaking slightly but she could care less. She then started fixing his ugly face making him look better than before. Once she was satisfied with her work, she got off him and turned to the other two men who were with him.

"Now run off with your friend unless you want me to fix your faces with my fists as well." Elenor smiled at them, her sharp eyes glaring at them.

Their faces turned pale as they hurried and picked their friend up and ran off. "S-sorry for disturbing!!"

Elenor cracked her knuckles and sighed in satisfaction. Thank goodness she learned judo when she was young.

"This body is quite weak though, my arms are already feeling sore from this simple thing." Elenor muttered to herself, massaging her arms a bit.

"Milady are you alright?" Elenor heard Alec's voice behind her.

"Yes I'm fine. Where's my brother?"

"He's paying for the books now."

"Elenor I'm sorry! I got caught up looking at all the books in this book store!" Richard said, bursting out of the book store with a frantic look.

Elenor lightly laughed and shook her head, "It's okay brother, you love reading so going into the store was a good choice."

"Elenor...." he looked at her with shiny puppy eyes before hugging her tightly.

"You're so cute! I won't let any male get close to you."

"Hahah..."

'He's a huge siscon!'

The three reached the residence back safely. Elenor headed back to her room, wanting to read the books she just bought. At first Richard was trying to persuade her to read with him in his room but she declined saying she wanted to have some time alone to read.

In response, Elenor got a sad look from him as if he was about to cry after getting rejected. Feeling guilty, Elenor told him to invite her next time which he gladly agreed, returning back to how he was.

Alec poured her some tea and biscuits as she sat down on the single person couch. Taking out one out of the two books she bought, she began reading it. Sipping on a warm tea with biscuits and reading a book, this truly was a blissful moment.

Everyday in her previous world, she would work without getting enough rest. The only time she was able to stop and relax was only on the weekends but those never felt this blissful like now. Her sore shoulders, wrinkles on her face and rough hands were all gone now. Elenor savoured this moment deeply.

'Nobles really have it nice huh...'

Her afternoon went by like a flash just like that. She headed downstairs for dinner before Alec headed off to prepare her bath. Elenor was sitting in front of her vanity, examining her face after dinner.

Touching her crimson colour hair, it was long, all the way until around her butt. Elenor pondered whether or not she should cut a few inches off since it felt really heavy.

Next were her eyes. If she didn't smile and blankly look at nothing, it look like she hated and despised something or someone. Elenor pouted at her reflection, everything screams villainess.

"I wish I was the heroine instead.." she sighed to herself before Alec came back to inform her about the bath.

Feeling lazy for the day, she decided to let the maids clean her instead.

"It's been a few days since milady allowed us to do this." one of them said as they washed her back.

"Well...I feel bad for always making you all do this-"

"It's okay milady! We wish to do this!" they said with bright eyes.

Elenor blinked at them before awkwardly nodding at them, "I-I see then if you don't mind..."

"We will make you look young forever milady!!"

'Where did this enthusiasm come from? Weren't they still afraid of me days ago?'

After Elenor was thoroughly cleaned by the suddenly enthusiastic maids, she came back to her room to find Alec making a new set of tea for the night.

"Your tea for tonight milady." he nonchalantly spoke as he handed the tea to her.

"Thank you." Elenor nodded, taking it from him.

She took a sip of it and immediately felt her body relax thanks to the tea he had made. As expected from Alec, an amazing butler.

Without herself realising, she was nodding to herself with a smile. Alec stared at Elenor before speaking again.

"Milady, may I ask you something?"

Curious to hear what he wanted to ask, she nodded, taking another sip of the delicious tea. Seeing her agreement in letting him question, he finally asked his question he had been pondering about,

"Are you really Elenor Berry Hester?"