⁰¹| A Different Boy-Who-Lived

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

^Parseltongue^

*** Third Person's POV ***

Everyone knew the Dursleys. The epitome of 'normal' and whats 'good'. But, little do the people know that the Dursleys of No. 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey had a skeleton.. no, a graveyard full of skeletons, in their luxury walk-in closet. They didn't tell their normal neighbours, that No. 4 Privet Drive was the home of a freak.

~~~ October 30, 1981 ~~~

*** Third Person's POV ***

Vernon Dursley prided himself on being a normal man. With a normal job, a normal wife and a normal son. Dudley Dursley also known as Ickle Duddikins, is his pride and joy. He would one day attend the same school that he had gone to in his younger years - Smeltings' Private Boarding School, caveat Smeltonia, which would be the proudest moment of his life.

But little did he know that his normal life wasn't going to be anywhere near normal anymore.

His normal wife's freakish nephew was going to show up on his very doorstep the next day and his life is going to go from peaceful bliss to horrific hell in a matter of hours.

~~~ October 31, 1981 ~~~~

*** Petunia's POV ***

'It was Halloween!', was the first thought that ran through my mind on that special day. My Dudders' first Halloween where he can enjoy it. I was so excited. Then came the somewhat groundless fear. It is my families' bad luck, where something horrible always seems to happen every Halloween. I just hoped nothing will happen this time around.

Oh, how wrong I was!

I got myself out of bed at exactly six in the morning, like every day and started cooking Vernon's favourite meal. Fried eggs, sausages, some bacon with a side of orange juice. Vernon is not someone who can be called interesting. He does this boring job at some drill making company, but he earns quite well enough. But me on the other hand, completely different. I have a lot of secrets, well, now they are mine and Vernon's secrets as I told him everything before our engagement.

My sister was magical. Vernon says she is a freak, but I can't do anything about it. I still love her, she is my sister after all. But I still have a secret I keep from my 'normal' husband. He thinks that I'm normal too. But I'm not, I'm what those people call a squib, I'm magical but can't use magic.

From the second Vernon heard about those people he hated them instantly. Called them freaks, and instantly did everything he could to avoid them and insulted them every chance he got. He expected me to be that way too, so I did. I too acted hateful towards my kind and even avoided my sister.

I didn't go to her wedding, nor did I invite her to mine.

But I did it because I loved him, and he, me. So I listened and acted how he wanted me to act and he believed it, and I'll have to try changing him soon. I miss my sister terribly, since the day we started to drift apart all those years ago. Only one man is the reason for all that and it's not Vernon.

Albus Dumbledore

The reason I got separated from my sister, the reason we drifted apart, that old coot. The reason my son is not growing up with his cousin. They would have grown up as brothers if it wasn't for him.