XLIV.

Chapter 44: Famiglia

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

It was the time where the snow hits the ground, the nights were colder and longer, and the jingle bell song was on repeat.

Christmas.

I glanced at Theodore, his lips in a concentrated pout as he colored Olaf's nose seriously.

My attention turned to the window, seeing snow slowly littering from the sky. My bruises were gone and so was V and Annie.

They went MIA since the kidnapping incident and Chase made the pack of skittles believe that they went on a secret lover's cruise.

I didn't know how they reacted seeing that I wasn't there when Chase told them, Ark has been on my ass and kept pushing me to tell Alec the truth.

I'm a chicken, you don't even have to say it but a selfish part of me wants to spare Alec the pain of knowing the truth.

Rody's phone hasn't been unlocked yet, apparently there were some virus sh!t that prevented them from fully accessing the data in the phone.

The twins and Connor have been cursing the person who placed it there and had been working on trying to override the virus.

Tonight was the christmas party that my mom will be hosting and the pack of skittles were invited.

"Ellie! Come down right now," Mom's voice rang from downstairs."In the kitchen." She bellowed once more.

I pushed myself up from my bent state where I was helping Theodore color his frozen coloring book and stood up.

"I wanna go go go." Theodore raised his arms, wanting to be carried.

I picked him up, letting out a small grunt at his sudden weight. Theodore had slung one of his hand behind my neck and gently kick his legs back and forth.

"Is it just my twigs arms or did you become more heavier buddy?" I glanced at Theodore, carefully making my way downstairs.

Theodore giggled."Its yow twig awms Ellie."

I pressed a soft kiss to his cheeks, his face beaming at the action."I should probably start working out for that." I muttered.

We quickly crossed the foyer, stopping in my tracks at the sight of someone who stood next to my mom.

"Uh, is everything okay?" I glanced at Alec's terrified expression and back to my mom who slammed the butcher knife into the slab of meat.

"You didn't tell me your boyfriend was coming over sweetie." Mom said, her eyes focused on the task.

I didn't know either mom, I thought. My heart speed up at the sight of my favorite skittle and the smile he gave my way.

I cleared my throat, the familiar heat rushing into my cheeks."He's not my boyfriend, yet." I added noticing Alec who was ready to pipe in.

Mom nodded."But you already swapped spittle, yes?" She continued and the heat crawled up to my neck and ears.

"Mom, no." I denied, shaking my vigorously.