c h a p t e r 15- spaghetti and meatballs

^^ her outfittt 

All evening I had been prepping myself for the dinner tonight. And by prepping, I mean stressing- I had been pacing around my room, unable to think of anything else. Was I being dumb? Yes. Was I overthinking way too much? Absolutely. But did that mean I was going to stop thinking of all the worse scenarios that could occur- in one of which my brothers find out that me and Cole spent an entire morning alone in a cupboard- and worrying about them? Fuck no.

After changing into a skirt and jumper, I heard a muffled yell downstairs that sounded something like my name. Practically hyperventilating at this point, I headed downstairs and towards the dining room. My hands becoming quite clammy, I wiped them on my skirt, clutching the bottom of my top to prevent them from shaking. I walked in, sighing in relief when I saw that Jordan and Cole hadn't arrived yet.

My spirits slightly lifted, I sat down next to Aaron- he was the least horrible and least likely to tease me out of all my brothers.

'What's for dinner?' I asked him, smiling.

'Meatballs and pasta.' A deep voice sang from the kitchen. I turned in my seat just to see Jordan and Cole enter- Jordan being the one who spoke and was carrying a massive dish into the room. My smile dissolved and I watched with narrow eyes as Cole neared the table.

No, I thought in disbelief he wouldn't. Cole smirked, sliding onto the seat right beside me. I scowled- apparently, he would. Does he have a death wish? Or does his need to annoy me extend beyond his life? Wyatt entered with Dylan and I stopped thinking of throttling Cole for a second to smile at them. Dylan raised his eyebrows a bit at Cole sitting next to me but dutifully took his place across from me, by Jared. Wyatt, of course, sat at the head of the table.

Now everyone was here, we all began- it was rule Wyatt had created that we could only eat when everyone was present- and I reached for the garlic bread (because garlic bread is the SHIT).

With my arm stretched out, hand just about to take a piece, I suddenly felt a warmness touch my leg. The fuck?

I looked round to see Cole smirking, his hand resting on my thigh. I was going to kill that boy. Swallowing my anger, I continued to get my garlic bread; simultaneously glaring daggers at Cole. He smiled sweetly, shrugging while also rubbing little circles on my leg. Practically flinging the bread onto my plate, I pried his hand one finger at a time off my leg, only for him to place it back the second I removed my hands from underneath the table.

I shot him another look that could be loosely interpreted as 'I will fucking murder you in your sleep you dick' or along that message. In reply, he smirked and widened his hold on my leg.

'What you gonna do about it?' He whispered. I shoved more pasta in my mouth to prevent myself from screaming a fat FUCK YOU in his face- trying and failing to ignore the fluttering in my stomach from where Cole was gripping my thigh. Stupid hormones.

The next 10 minutes of the meal went in peace, thankfully, save Cole inching his hand up my leg and laughing under his breath when I slapped it away. I was just laughing at some stupid joke Dylan had made when a sudden thump was heard.

We all went silent, another loud bang resounding from upstairs.

'What's that?' I laughed nervously. Wyatt and Aaron exchanged looks with each other, a hidden understanding passing between them.

'Stay here.' Wyatt ordered, motioning for Aaron to follow him as he pushed up from his seat. Aaron nodded, striding out of the room after Wyatt.

'Wha-' I began, only to get cut off by Dylan.