Chapter III.

Ah, time really flies. I'm so tired...

       I don't even want to remember what was done to my poor body. Including whole body massage, to perfumed oils, it went on for 5 whole hours with no break at all.

   When this is over, I'll sleep in my bed for 3 whole days, & no one will be able to disturb me.

  'Phoeni?' 

'What?' my eyes snapped open at the unnatural name; 'Phoenix, you know how you greet the Royal family, right?' my father asked me, with a worried look in his eyes.

  'Yeah, yeah,' I waved them off dismissively so they would become quiet faster. Honestly, I was really tired so I no longer had the patience to answer nicely. In other words, I was in a bad mood because I was tired.

    Was the other guy the crown prince? Right, next to the war hero, & the ancient dragon, he was the most pitiful male lead. (The most insignificant)

  I forgot his name because there's only one, or two times that he's mentioned in the story. He's just plain old... pitiful. Ah, what was his nickname in the novel?

 Wait, that's right. It's- peach tart. The reason was because peach tart was the female lead's least favorite dessert. I dunno why the fans named a living person (at least now) a dessert name. Following that logic, shouldn't Ian be called cream puff then? Yeah, that name definitely completes him. A brutal war hero who sliced off the demon lord's head with a swing of his sword, & cream puff- I like that.

  I wonder what the female lead's second favorite dessert was; that could be the nickname of Raymond. It must be something like, dragon shortcake, or dragongue? (Meringue)

    Well, for me, I like green tea cream puff, & lemon custard pie. Those were the first desserts that were served after I woke up here. Actually, desserts are all the same to me. It just seems that my tongue prefers sour sweets, or desserts with the least sweet as possible.

   Thinking of sweets, I couldn't help but yawn. (sweets have nothing to do with sleeping.)

Before I realized, my eyelids had already closed.

                                            ...

   Because the carriage stopped, my eyes opened abruptly, & in the dark, it was gleaming in the dark like a predator.  

  As I've noticed, I was the only one in the family with blood red eyes. My mother has slightly orange tinted ones, while father, & brother has blue ones.

   'Phoenix, we're here,' father said, & m eyes slowly drifted towards him. It was already night, & we're here only now?

   Didn't we live in the capital of the empire? Not in countryside?

'Look out through the window, my baby,' mother told me affectionately, & though I slightly cringed at her words, I still pulled the curtains to one side...

   It looked amazing. The Royal palace was absolutely stunning. Even in the dark of the night, it looked all too amazing to begin with.

  But so was the temple though. Unfortunately, the temple at this time are not really in a good relationship with the Royal family. So, I won't be able to see the temple until the day Selene is revealed as the Saintess. That is two years from now on, I think.

   Two years after the Royal ball where the two of the male leads meet the villainess, & the female lead for the first time...

  The carriage door opened suddenly, interrupting my thoughts, & first father, then helping mother out, & brother stepped out.

   The last one was me; the palace felt too far from the carriage.

Look at those endless stairs I complained inside.

   Truthfully, I sincerely wished we could just ride the carriage straight into the Royal palace, or at least, I wished I could stay here rather than going out.

   'Come on, Phoeni. Let's go,' my brother told me, holding his hand out for me to take. I sighed in defeat; I'll sleep for whole five days after this.