Chapter 27

You fidgeted with your bulky armour as you hiked up a steep hill. Keeping yourself occupied without Link for two days straight was almost impossible, especially when you spent most of your time worrying about the boy. But the minute you found out about some lost Goron near Gorko Tunnel, you volunteered to search for him. Now, this seemed like a perfect way to occupy yourself at first, but as you travelled deeper within Death Mountain, you couldn't help but whine quietly. The heat that surrounded you made a simple hike unendurable, but you tried your best to continue.

"I have to go southwest," you reminded yourself when you reached the top of the hill. You placed your hands on your knees, took a deep breath and resumed your somewhat aimless walk. Since you didn't have a map on you, you ran a high risk of losing yourself, but you remained optimistic.

A small bead of sweat rolled down your temples and you made a move to wipe it away until you felt the uncomfortable helm instead of your skin. I can't wait to get out of here, you thought as you let out a heavy breath. You felt sticky in almost every place possible, which only added to your discomfort. Pressing your lips, you wiggled your body through a gap between rocks and looked around. You searched for a tunnel and eventually, your eyes fell upon a metal arch that stood right outside a large hole. That must be it. You smiled in relief and carefully went down a small ridge.

Once you stepped foot on the uneven ground, you jogged toward the tunnel. Metal torches were standing beside the large arch, and as you entered the tunnel, the fire helped you see deep inside. At the far end of the tunnel, a large Goron laid flat on the ground and when you caught sight of this you gasped and hurriedly rushed to him. By the time you reached the Goron, you could only hear quiet groans and wheezing. "Are you Gonguron?" You asked, but instead of replying the male Goron simply whined.

"I'm so tired," he said as he stayed on the hot floor. "I can't continue anymore. My belly is empty and rumblin' like mad!"

You blinked once and parted your lips to speak, but you stopped when you suddenly heard another voice. You raised an eyebrow and turned around to see Bladon, the Goron that tasked you with finding his brother.

"Brother! So this is where've you been?!" Bladon exclaimed in happiness while stomping toward his exhausted brother and you. The Goron glanced at you and cleared his throat. "Have you been here long?"

"No," you responded. "I just found him."

Bladon nodded and looked back at his groaning brother. His face knitted together in a worried expression. "What's wrong brother?" He questioned his sibling, but when he got another groan as an answer he pursed his lips and looked at you. "Say, little Hylian, do you think you could do another favour for me?"

You straightened your back and replied with an, "Alright." Despite how tired you were feeling (with it being so hot and all) you wanted to help the poor Goron as much as you could. Besides, doing this made you worry less about Link so you were willing to do another favour.

The Goron sighed in relief and looked toward the entrance of the tunnel. "Exit there and head down the hill to Gortram Cliff. There you'll find rock roasts rollin' around," he faced you once again, "I need ya to grab one of them for me. I'd go get one myself, but I have a chronic condition. Yeah. It's called Goron shoulder. Very serious." Bladon scratched his head and glimpsed at his wheezing brother. "I'm sure you'll be able to do it."

You followed his gaze and affirmed his words with a nod. "I'll be back as soon as possible," you said while turning on your heel. You looked outside the tunnel and swallowed hard before starting your way outside the large exit.

The task didn't seem too laborious. You would only be going down a hill to get some type of rock and then come back up. Pretty easy, you figured as you went down the hill. If I had the paraglider I could just glide down there. You huffed at the thought and folded your arms. The simple idea of using that object caused Link to enter your mind. Your eyebrows furrowed as your mind began to wander dangerously. The image of him wounded and bloody made you shiver and hug yourself a bit tightly. "He's fine," you told yourself, in hopes of convincing your concerned heart, but it was of no use.