8. Teach me how to kill.

8. Hey, teach me how to kill?

I didn't think I'd be leaving the house so soon after yesterday...

Once I got back home yesterday, I decided I wouldn't spend my time depressed over what had happened in the tea party, so I had my servants arrange for an outing today.

Hopefully it's worth it. I deserve a break.

I couldn't have been more relieved when I finally stepped out of the carriage, trying my best to hold in my motion sickness.

And this corset...!

I'd heard about the atrocities of the corset but never thought I'd have to wear it! And just why did the maids tighten it so much?! The dress from yesterday didn't require a corset, but it's still normal for women in this world to wear them.

Fortunately, Nora's body seemed used to it so it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and I'd picked the prettiest dress from my closet and was actually feeling pretty good about myself.

"The entrance is that way, my lady," the maid accompanying me gestured surprising me with her politeness. I thanked her with a smile, which she returned.

So not everyone is that terrible to me.

It was such a little thing but I was glad nonetheless. Today didn't seem like such a bad day, I thought with a genuine smile.

"I want to look around a bit before visiting the library." I was dying to see how different the town would be compared to my world. The maid agreed and we set off into what looked like a market.

With colourful shops and stalls everywhere, the place bustled vividly with colours and people, and I looked at everything with awe. I'd never been to Disney World, but I thought the feeling must have been similar.

The area was lively with merchants and people from all over the world; I saw people dressed in cultural clothing from Arabia, India, Greece... and they looked so good!

I felt excitement bubble in me as I scanned the people and the colourful trinkets for sale around me. There were all sorts of souvenirs; décor items, food ingredients, clothes, and a bunch of cafes and restaurants.

This world is so perfect!

I want to buy all sorts of clothes and try all the food! But I grimaced at my wallet. I'd found some money in Nora's room but it wasn't much at all.

Just what kind of rich father doesn't give his daughter any allowance at all? I grumbled to myself. I'm in such a lovely place but my situation is so unfair!

"Woof woof!"

"Gah!" I yelped in surprise when a dog suddenly appeared in front of me, baring its teeth.

"Woah! What's gotten into you?" a stall merchant pulled at the dog's leash and gave me an apologetic look. "I got him, lady. Don't worry!" He pulled the dog away, constantly looking between me and the dog as if something strange had occurred.

I patted my chest, trying to calm my heartbeat. What's with that dog? It's the first time an animal had looked at me so scarily.

I tried to put the incident at the back of my mind and continued exploring the market but...

"Grr!"

"Bow wow!"

"Hiss!"

No way...

I bit my fist, trying to control my tears.

Please tell me it isn't so...!

"Why!" I wailed as I crouched with the pain of my broken heart and my maid panicked. We were catching our breath after I was chased by stray cats.