5

Maya's POV

"Just breathe. It'll be okay." Josh said as he pulled into the hospital parking lot. He phoned the hotel reception on the way to save time. On hands free of course.

"Come in with me?" I asked.

"I'll come into the waiting room for now." I nodded.

We both got out the car and walked towards the hospital and I started shaking. I felt him grab my hand as we walked and he gave it a quick squeeze but didn't let go. My heart flipped at this action but didn't look at him as I didn't want to to make it obvious. But let's face it, Josh knew exactly how holding my hand made me feel.

Josh's POV

As we neared the hospital I saw Maya started to breathe heavier and she was physically shaking, so I thought holding her hand would be a good idea, hoping it'd calm her.

When we got in we walked straight to the circular shaped reception desk.

"Kermit Hart." Maya said as she let go of my hand and gently placed her hands on the desk.

"Sorry, family only. Unless you're on the list-"

"I should be." She interrupted the reception lady and she gave her a look as if to continue. "Uh, my name is Maya. Kermit is my father." She went on to say.

"Okay, are you family too?" The lady whose name tag read Judy asked me.

"No but I'm just gonna wait in the waiting room and not gon in and see him."

"Okay, fine, room 811, the elevator is over there." She pointed to the right corner by the entrance.

"Thank you." Maya smiled and started walking in a rush to the elevator.

"Hey, slow down." I caught up with her just as she pushed the button.

"Josh, I just wanna get this over with to be honest. I thought he was out of my life and I genuinely am not sure how to feel about this so I just want to find out what's going on then we can go back to the hotel." She let out a deep breathe as the elevator door opened and we stepped in. Thankfully no one else was in it.

"There's no correct way to feel about this." I stood so I was facing her as the elevator took us to the floor Kermit was on.

"Thank you." She said just above a whisper.

The lift doors opened just after she spoke. We looked around until we saw a sign pointing for us to go to the corridor on the left. We kept walking until we were outside his room.

"Oh, Maya." A lady with brown hair the sat just above her shoulders came and hugged Maya. I'm guessing this was her auntie.

"Hey," she hugged back but not for anything longer than 10 seconds. "This is Josh, Josh this is Helen."

"Hi Josh, thank you for bringing Maya." She shook my hand then went back to face Maya. "He's woken up from the coma and the heart attack wasn't as bad as doctors thought and he's stable now. That's his room if you wanna go in and see him."

Maya's POV

I nodded as my aunt updated me on his condition. He was stable and his heart attack wasn't that bad, but of course it was a heart attack so was bad. She made it out like he was about to die, hence why I came. To say my 'goodbyes'.

I turned to Josh and he gave me a reassuring smile. I turned back and walked towards to door and reached for the handle, took a deep breath and opened the door.