85. HORCRUX

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE |

HORCRUX.

CASSIOPEIA INVITED REGULUS ROUND TO her home, not only did she adore spending time with her younger brother, but she could feel that there was something he needed to get off of his chest. Remus offered to put Hazel down for her nap, leaving the siblings alone in the living room.

Whilst Cass placed Hazel's toys away, she glanced over her shoulder at Regulus every so often. He looked nervous, his leg was bouncing up and down as he fiddled with his fingers, keeping his icy blue eyes down.

"So, are you going to tell me what's on your mind?" Cassiopeia questioned, walking back over to the couch, a comforting smile on her lips. 

Regulus looked as if he was going to hyperventilate at any given second before he rubbed his face, letting his eyes close momentarily as he tried to relax his nerves, "I spoke to Dumbledore," He told her, putting his hands onto his knees.

"And?" Cassiopeia asked, encouraging him to go on. She was doing her best to ignore the sick feeling in her stomach as anxiety bubbled in her body.

"Do you--Do you know what a Horcrux is?" He asked, finally letting his eyes meet hers.

Cassiopeia shook her head.

"Well, it's dark - like really dark. It's what's been keeping You-Know-Who alive all this time," Regulus explained, talking in a hushed voice, almost as if he was afraid someone was listening in and he would be exposed for double-crossing his 'master', "I found one and I'm-I'm planning on destroying it."

Cassiopeia reached for his hand, "I'm going to help you, Reggie. Okay, I promise."

"I can't have you getting hurt," He told her, his eyes filling with tears, "Look at you, you're a mum now, a fiancé. Your life is too important."

"My daughter's life is too important," Cass stated in a serious tone, "But, she won't have a life if You-Know-Who wins. None of us will have a life if that happens."

Regulus didn't say anything, his thoughts began racing a million miles at a time.

"You know that, Reggie, deep down you really do," She squeezed his hand, "I want to help you. Please, just let me."

"I won't be able to live with myself if--" He gulped nervously, "If something happened to you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me, okay?" She reassured him, sending him the most reassuring smile she could muster. Of course she didn't know what would happen, but she certainly wasn't going to make either of them anymore worried than they needed to be. A war was coming - and fast - and some people weren't going to make it out alive; that was a harsh reality, but a true reality nevertheless, "Nothing is going to happen to us."

"Do you promise?" Regulus asked, looking up at her through his eyelashes. He sounded so young and innocent, it reminded her of when they were younger. She always promised him that their parents wouldn't hurt him and he believed her because they never did. She did everything she could to protect Regulus, even if it meant receiving his punishment. 

Cassiopeia nodded, "I promise"

Sometimes people can't keep promises. Sometimes they don't mean to break them, but sometimes things happen that cause them to break them; things that no one would ever expect to happen.

AN- We're slowly coming to an end😭