Ch. 7

Marinette stood on her balcony in the sunlit afternoon, waiting for a certain feline to come around.

"Come on, Kitty. Please come." She whispered to herself. She needed to talk to Cat Noir, face to face. Maybe it'll help me trust him.

She had been waiting there for about thirty minutes. Two sketches laid on a chair behind her, and her sewing kit was strewn haphazardly on the balcony's floor.

She leaned her head on the railing. "Where are you, Kitty?"

"Maybe he went home." Tikki offered. Marinette sighed and stood straight.

"You're probably right, Tikki. Let's go in." She was turning around when suddenly there was a loud sound. Marinette turned around. She couldn't see anything particularly interesting, but her ears told her a different story.

"Meet me at the Eiffel Tower in an hour, Ladybug and Cat Noir. It's time for me to take your miraculouses."

Marinette's wide eyes turned to Tikki. "Cat Noir was right! Shoot!"

"Did you doubt him?" Tikki asked.

"Maybe a little. Come on, we need to go get the others."

"Not Queen Bee though." Tikki interjected.

"Of course not." Marinette agreed. "Too many people know her identity. She'll be our last resort."

Tikki was opening her mouth to say something, but Marinette didn't notice.

"Tikki, spots on!"