Ch. 9

As Ladybug crouched in her hiding place she couldn't help but feel proud. She was proud of herself for listening to her team, but she was most proud of Cat Noir. Why didn't I ever try listening to him before? She wondered.

As she was thinking she saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and her head snapped back to attention. Dark Owl had begun stretching, and Silencer was leaning against a beam of the Eiffel Tower, obviously bored. Ladybug smiled. Perfect, now we can catch them off guard.

"Hoo, hoo!" She mimicked Dark Owl. A couple of the villains jumped, and Revealer rolled his eyes.

"Will you shut up already?" He turned on Dark Owl.

"That wasn't..." Before Dark Owl had finished his thought Carapace tackled him to the ground. Revealer stepped back in surprise which led to him tripping over Cat Noir's outstretched staff. Rena Rouge tackled Miraculer from behind, and Ladybug ran toward Silencer. The villain had begun to sneak up behind Cat Noir, but Ladybug threw her yoyo toward him. It wrapped around him tightly, pinning his arms to his sides. Ladybug yanked the rope, pulling Silencer toward her. She yanked again. Silencer lost his footing, and he fell to the ground. Ladybug snatched his helmet and broke it. A black and red butterfly flew out of the broken helmet, and Ladybug captured it with her yoyo, releasing it a second later.

"Ladybug?" Luka groaned as he looked up at her. Ladybug helped him to his feet.

"You need to get out of here quickly. Go!" She pushed him lightly for encouragement, and he ran off.

She heard a yell and turned to see Carapace fighting Rena Rouge. Miraculer, Dark Owl and Oni-Chan were closing in on her as well.

Ladybug scanned Carapace; she was certain something must be controlling him. She spotted Despair Bear hooked onto his leg. Ladybug ran to go help. She dived at Carapce's legs, but Despair Bear jumped off and onto her. Ladybug rolled around and kicked her legs. She managed to get the pesky bear off of her, but before she could catch him he disappeared.

"Watch out for Despair Bear!" She shouted. Suddenly the tiny villain appeared and ran at Cat Noir, who turned just in time. He whacked Despair Bear, sending him flying toward Ladybug. She stood and grabbed him, then ripped the bear in half. Chloe's butler ran away as Ladybug captured the akuma. Then she turned and found herself alongside Rena Rouge and Carapace.

"Oooh! The more of you there are, the more powers there are for me!" Miraculer sing-songed.

"Not today!" Ladybug shouted. She swung her yoyo at Miraculer, and it tied around the villain's weapon. Ladybug pulled, but Miraculer was surprisingly strong considering her skinny arms. Miraculer pulled her arm back, and Ladybug fell due to the sudden change of force. The villain jabbed her weapon at Ladybug's exposed ribs, but she rolled out of the way. Miraculer yelled as her weapon slammed into the ground. Rena Rouge launched herself into the villain's side. Miraculer rebounded and threw Rena Rouge to the ground. Ladybug threw her yoyo at Miraculer, but the villain blocked the blow. Ladybug kept swinging at her, but to no avail. Rena Rouge, still on the ground, grabbed Miraculer's legs and pulled hard. Miraculer yelled as she fell, and her and Rena Rouge ended up rolling around in a ball of struggling limbs. Ladybug ran over to them and helped Rena Rouge pin Miraculer to the ground.

"A little help over here!" Rena Rouge yelled. Miraculer almost overthrew them, but the two heroes managed to keep her down.

"Your knight in shiny black armor is here to help." Cat Noir said.

"Grab her weapon!" Ladybug shouted. Cat Noir pulled it out of Miraculer's hands and snapped it in two. Miraculer transformed into Sabrina as a butterfly flew away. Ladybug turned and captured it while Cat Noir helped Sabrina to her feet.