xxii. night at church

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

NIGHT AT CHURCH
(Please make sure to spam with votes and comments!!)

★ ★ ★

Magnolia felt like she owed it to the unconscious girl to bring back her friend.

She tried to explain this to Sirius and oddly enough he understood what she meant. There was something about the way she looked at Magnolia for help that struck something in her: like she had expected her to jump in with some sort of plan. She could see the disappointment on the girls face when she didn't have a plan, which is why she made a promise to herself to bring back Luke before the girl woke up. It had been a few hours, maybe five (she didn't know what time it was) since the girl had passed out.

Remus came down saying she woke up for a few minutes and was out of it, before falling back asleep. Jackie had apparently doped the girl on medicine to keep her sleeping: not in a bad way but according to her, the girl showed signs of insomnia.

"So run me through this again," Damien repeated, and they were all beginning to realise just how particular and careful this man was. He liked to make plans and back up plans. He liked to go through things a thousand times before going ahead with it. "The way we can get Luke back is by—"

"By shoving this directly into Runskin or Luke in this cases, bloodstream" Magnolia finished, holding up a vile in her hand. Swishing around in it was a black liquid. The reason they were waiting so long was because they had to wait an hour for the potion to be ready. "The only way Runskin could have possessed Luke is by forming blood with him—"

Ron's brows furrowed at that. "Forming blood?"

"A drop of Runskin's blood got into Luke's bloodstream at some point which then gives Runskin the pass to enter his body."

"So, an Aleksander can't just possess someone's body free of will?" Hermione asked curiously.

"No. Either the two individuals mix bloods or the person themselves allows the individual to possess them – which is more of a ritual. However, all Runskin has to do it cut open someone's hand, mix their blood and he's on sabbatical in their body. So technically I guess he can do it free of will."

"What exactly is that?" Harry asked.

"In simple terms a potion, in complicated terms it's like an acid that's going to burn the blood Runskin put inside him. Once the blood is burnt, he'll have no choice but to leave Luke's body." Magnolia poured the end of the potion in the cauldron into another two phials, measuring it out as three tablespoons. "So, we have three of them but only one needs to enter Luke's system. Two of them are just backups."