Chapter Twenty Six- Protect

So the italics in the beginning is a lil flashback thing. Got that? Cool.
———————————————————————————

  'You guys only failed one subject right? That means you should be able to finish all of your make up work in the morning. That's when I'll send in the cavalry.'
.
  (Y/n) sighed, and marked done yet another loss for Karasuno. So far, they had lost every match, but it's not like the team wasn't trying.

  The team went for another lap of flying dives, when the door flew open. "Oh good, looks like they're still playing. We made it in time!" A female voice yelled. (Y/n) turned around, recognizing the voice instantly.

  "Big sis!" (Y/n) said, receiving some confused looks from the boys. "You have an older sister too?! How many siblings do you have?!" Asahi asked, which made the girl laugh.

  "No, just Kenma. That's Ryu's older sister, Saeko." Th girl explained. Tanaka looked up, his lips curling into a smirk. "Glad you two dummies could make it." He said, catching the attention from a few teams.

  Everyone looked past the older girl standing in the door. There stood Hinata, and Kageyama. They seemed out of breath, but determined to start playing.

  The whole Karasuno team smiled, all of them thinking the same thing, 'Maybe now, we'll win.' The thought gave (Y/n) goosebumps as she clutched her clip board.

  "(Y/N)!" Saeko exclaimed, running towards (Y/n) with her arms open. The younger girl was frozen in fear, because she knew that Saeko's hug were nothing less than bone crushing, especially with a running start.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, and pulled the clipboard to her chest, bracing for impact. She felt a light flow of air fly past her, but no bone crushing hug.

The girl hesitantly opened her eyes, and saw her boyfriend standing in front of her. "Back off Saeko, I would prefer she stays in one piece." Tanaka explained to his sister.

Saeko slumped over, a frown on her face. "But I want to give my little sis a hug!" She cried, acting a bit childish.

Tanaka just groaned. "She's not even your real sister!" He cried back. "But she could be one day!" Saeko argued.

Their bickering gave (Y/n) enough time to escape from the two Tanaka's, and she made her way over to the other managers.

"Wow, they're really arguing about a hug?" Yachi asked the girl once they were together. (Y/n) just sighed, watching the two snap at each other.

"Yup. They're usually like this when I'm over at their house. For some reason, Ryu doesn't like her into close contact with me. But, that doesn't always stop her from giving me a hug every once in a while." The girl explained, looking from Yachi, to her boyfriend, and his sister arguing.

"He must be really protective of you if he barely even lets his sister near you!" Yachi exclaimed, looking slightly awestruck.

(Y/n) just looked at the small girl, a confused look on her face. "What do you mean? Are you saying he thinks I'll abandon him?" She asked.

Yachi jumped nervously, before shaking her head. "Oh no! No! I just mean that he wants to protect you! Like from being hurt, or something like that!" The girl exclaimed, thinking she made the older girl mad.

(Y/n) just laughed at the panicky girl. "Oh!" She said, "Sorry I misunderstood." This made the other girl apologize as well, feeling calmer than before.

'Does he really want to protect me so much... that he's afraid a hug will hurt me?' The thought made her heart swell slightly.
.
Karasuno has finally managed to win a match, the team cheering in victory. (Y/n) stood up from the bench, and began helping the other teams clean up the gym.