⇢ CHAPTER 31

season 6 episode 16

"Is it true Harper Avery is here?" Lexie and Holly asked in unison as they joined Cristina and Meredith, who were walking down the hall together

Cristina groaned, recalling her memory of misdiagnosing him, and Meredith chuckled, "So Derek walked in on her naked this morning in Alex's bed."

Holly snorted and hid a laugh behind her hand as Cristina openly laughed at Lexie as Lexie shouted, "Meredith!"

Meredith laughed, "What? Oh," She gestured at Cristina, "I'm just cheering her up. She's having a bad day. Be generous"

"I thought you stopped sleeping with him." Holly said after calming herself down, "Oh!" She pointed an accusing finger at Lexie, "You said you were going to leave early to get on extra cases!"

"Okay!" Lexie brought her hands up in defense, "I lied, so what?"

"You know what?" Cristina commented, "You can't be having feelings for Karev." She pointed at Meredith, "He's like Meredith three years ago."

"I said that." Meredith smiled, nudging Cristina with wide eyes.

"I don't have feelings for Alex." Lexie defended.

Holly shrugged, "Yet."

Lexie's mouth dropped at the betrayal as Cristina continued, "You do. Your heart's like, in your vagina."

Meredith nudged Cristina again, "I said that.

Cristina turned her head at Meredith, "Oh, my God."

"You are both monsters." Lexie gestured at Cristina and Meredith before looking at Holly, "You've betrayed me."

"I--" Holly followed after Lexie as she shook her head, "I am not a betrayer!"

"I don't get it." Lexie spoke, passing a granola bar to Holly as they looked down from the gallery, "Why does he get to scrub in on his own grandfather's awake surgery?"

Holly shrugged as she opened the granola bar and began to eat it and Cristina answered, "The same reason why Harper Avery personally requested Meredith Grey to be his resident."

"Nepotism sucks." Alex commented as Holly sank in her seat, frowning her eyebrows as she wanted to say that Harper Avery possibly chose Meredith and Jackson because they were good surgeons, "Hey," Alex leaned in and whispered to Lexie, "you, uh, want to go grab a bite?"

"No." Lexie chuckled, darting her eyes at Holly for a second before looking forward and whispering back to Alex, "Actually, I am..." She cleared her throat, "full."

"Really?" Alex continued, not buying it as Holly quirked an eyebrow as she ate another bite, "'Cause you didn't seem full last night."

Lexie chuckled again, "I said no. Okay, I-I-I am not hungry at all." Cristina cleared her throat as Holly facepalmed, "So just go eat alone."