2

AN: I'm not used to writing steamy things, oomph I'm nervous.

xxx

The air grew colder and dryer as a large metal trade ship approached the Southern Water Tribe, sailing through dark waters and dodging every odd iceberg and glacier on the way.

Tsai hugged her body closer gripping the fabric of her beige parka, she brought her cold palms into her mouth and breathed into them. Her breath visible before her eyes in white puffs.

Her brother had encouraged her to come to this ceremony. Her mother had strongly opposed against it.

"Tsai, I have repeatedly told you over and over again," Her mother warned.

"Mom I'm going, no matter what you say-"

"It's not about the boy- it's not about him..." Her mother sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. "But you have to understand that it is not safe. Is it not enough to wake up to riots and protesting? Tsai someone could hurt try and hurt you and by hurt you I mean kill."

Her mother had almost begged her not to go. However, the guilt trip was not enough. She had promised to keep a small profile to give her mother some peace of mind and took a small ship with a matching crew of less than ten people.

Despite never having been to the Southern Water Tribe the nation was similar to its northern sister, the ice desert seeming just as cold, yet not as desolate the bay crowded with numerous ships that were docked in from different parts of the world. It was almost nighttime when she arrived. Just in time for the celebration.

Despite having spent most of the trip self-consciously analyzing her imperfections in a mirror and nervously doing her hair over and over again, it was quite never perfect. She hesitated before getting off the ship, unsure if she would run into her ex-boyfriend or not, yet the nervousness still lingered, uneasily twisting her stomach into knots.

She had a feeling she would see him. She'd never admit it out loud, but she had in part come in hopes of running into him.

The party was lively and filled with plenty of familiar faces from all corners of the world. Pleasant ambiance music was being played. The celebration was being hosted outdoors in a snowy plaza covered under a massive tarp from which colorful lights and decorations hung down from. It was a beautiful set up. Very beach, wonderland wedding vibes.
The plaza was near an icy ledge which allowed guests to a lovely view of the horizon. She glanced around the crowd and saw no sign of Zuko. Sighing, almost in relief, she walked around looking for the newly engaged couple to congratulate them. It took a while before she spotted them standing with some other members of the Water Tribe.

"Tsai! You made it!" Aang said excitedly embracing his friend. Katara also hugged her and introduced her to Kanna, her grandmother and her husband, a waterbending master, whom Tsai was already acquainted with, Master Pakku.

"Welcome to the Southern Water Tribe," Chief Hakoda, Katara and Sokka's father, said welcoming her to their land. "Hope it's not too cold," he added with a slight smile noticing how the girl kept her cold hands hidden inside of her parka's sleeves.

"It's bearable," She said with a tight smile.

"You'll get used to it. Just stay away from the water. If for whatever reason you fall, you'll go into hypothermic shock and be dead within minutes."

'Geez, well that's comforting...'

"How was your trip?" Katara asked.

"No assassination attempts or bombings so I guess you could say successful. I'm just happy to be here." She laughed nervously.