28 - Water Spirit Carp

Seeing the two fish trying to protect him, the [Saw-Teeth Lake Crocodile] felt like crying. As far as he could remember, this two creatures did nothing but to bully him. There were no scene he could remember that this two fish do something nice to him. And to think that they appear the moment his life were in danger and stand-up for him; he felt touch.

On the other hand, he was now laughing in his head evily as he knew, first hand, how strong this two dumb looking fish were. He never win against them, not even once, nor ever gain the upper hand. Should they clash to that weak looking yet powerful kid, he have faith that they'll most likely -no, they'll definitely win.

Unfortunately for the poor crocodile, the two fish doesn't think the same way as him.

They may be more stronger than the kid in terms of strength, however, they knew that they'll definitely loss. Not becuase of then kid's company but becuase of the floating dragon on the kid's head. Becuase the moment he unleashed the spirit dragon, they were already threatened. They were already pressured by their mere presence.

The other were the King of the beast, the dragon, while they were just a mere fish. And fish never had the same standing as dragons.

It was because of their species ranking.

Just like how a rabbit felt by a mere presence of a tiger, every beast would prostate by a dragon and them were no exception.

And although they both don't had a flesh and can't be pressure by their bloodline, their soul still couldn't change the fact.

Inferior species were always inferior, whether they like it or not. It was the way of nature and law of Heaven.

"If you can't spare him, then..." Female voice once again rang out after sometime.

"...we'll take his place instead." Male voiced finished.

After hearing the beast, Cole's tense body relax. However, he didn't remove the protecting bubble surrounding them.

"Why?" He asked. Afterall, he got a little confuse. It is always normal to preserve your own life before the others and yet this two beast wants to exchange their's for the Saw-Teeth Lake Crocodile.

"This part of the forest maybe called the Brown Forest now..."

"...but this is still part of the Light Mountain Forest."

"Nobody knew the reason but the forest gradually turn brown all of the sudden..."

"...however, we knew the reason why."

"It's because of our existence." They both said in unison.

Cole frown in confusion. "Your existence?" He ask.

Both the fish nodded. "Yes, because of us."

"This lake shouldn't have the ability to give birth to Water Elementals..."

"...but for some miracle, it did and that is us."

"We were born."

"And to continue to live..."

"...we have to absorb many more Water Mana..."

"...and since the lake didn't had a rich Water Mana in the first place...

"...we had to attract the surroundings'..."

"...leading the forest to get dry."

"Sooner or later..."

"...either the forest die...

"...or we do."

Cole nodded in understanding and he commends them. They were someone who were willing to sacrifice their life for other's. And this type of thinking were already rare itself.