Hidden • John B

Prompt:
"Are you ashamed of me or something?" - Y/n

Y/n's P.O.V

John B and I have been dating for almost six months already.

No one knows though. It wasn't my idea really, if he let me I would tell the world about us. It sucks not being able to hold his hand in public or even hang out with our friends and have to be separated.

He blames it on the "no pogue on pogue macking" rule which I think is stupid because he is the one who made it up in the first place.

"Here" JJ said as he passed me the blunt he just used. "Thanks J" I told the boy as I took a long puff of it.

"Atta girl" JJ told me as he wrapped an arm around me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see John B clench his jaw.

"I think I'm going to head home early" I told the group as I hopped off the ledge I was sitting on.

"I'll drive you" John B said automatically. "Whatever" I huffed quietly as I got into the passenger seat of his van.

"What the hell was that with JJ" John B said seriously once we drove away.

"What do you expect JB, maybe if you told them we were-" he cut me off, "No".

"What are you ashamed of me or something?" I asked the boy.

"No of course not!" he told me softly. "Then I don't understand why we can't just tell people we are dating" I stated obviously stressed out.

"I'm not ready" he told me as he pulled up in front of my house. "Well talk to me when you are" I told him as I shut the door walking inside.

I let my mind wander towards all the possibilities of why he wouldn't want to tell people we are dating.

I looked at my phone realizing that a few hours had passed by. I ended up falling asleep my couch but was woken up by a knock.

I got up walking to the door to be met with the familiar brown haired boy.

He held his hand behind his back.

"Yes?" I asked confused. "I'm sorry" he said and with that he pulled out a small bouquet of flowers.

I felt my self melt at the gesture. "John B" I said softly as I took the flowers walking into the house.

I quickly went to the kitchen as I grabbed a vase filling it with water as I placed the flowers inside.

"I've been thinking..." he started. "I want to tell people we're dating" he whispered.

"JB I don't want you to feel like you have to just because I got mad if you're not ready.." "No I am, I'm tired of seeing multiple guys flirt you with and not being able to kiss you in public" he said smiling as he walked closer to me cupping my face in his hands.

"Well then what are you waiting for" I told the boy with a smirk as he laughed grabbing my hand pulling me out of the house.

Me being content with the idea of finally letting everyone know.

Sorry this is short. I haven't really had the motivation to write already so I think I'm going to take a break for a bit and come back. Love you guys🤍