15

Driving back to the estate in a rush. My eyes never leave his tensed position. Gripping the wheel he never took his eyes from the road ahead. I kept quiet, before now.

"I'm sorry for having you go out of your way."

He pulled into the private road of the familiar home. Turning off the car, we sit in silence.

"A shipment was.. canceled." His words weren't a statement. More of a question. Either way I knew that was big Mafia talk for, he was fucked.

"Oh?" He turns his head to look at me. Shocking me when I feel a hand squeeze my thigh.

"The Russians, always the Russians." He says through his gritted teeth.

"So Italians really don't like Russians?" I ask him playfully, laughing.

"This isn't some movie."

"I know."

"You don't know, Carmen." He said my name with pure venom, sending a feeling to the pit of my stomach. "You're not understanding this at all, You look at me like -"

"A person." I finish his sentence for him.

"The things i've done.."

"I don't want to know." He has a distant look in his eyes, leaning his head back against his seat. He removes his hand from my thigh with a deep sigh. "Go in."

"You're not coming?"

"Did you not hear what I said? Go." He speaks harshly, almost yelling in my face. I blink a few times startled, but I take a good look at him before I get out of the car. "Carm-"

I slam the door hearing him start to say my name. This gives me every reason to just leave him alone, I will this time, I hope.

"And where have you been young lady." Mom questions me, sipping from her glass.

"I just woke up."

"Looks like it." She runs her hand through my hair, having me swat her hand away.

"How was your fun morning, huh?" She looks caught off guard stuffing her nose more into the glass. "It was great!" My brother doesn't fail to give everyone away.

"We saw this really old building.. and then another.. and we ate at this good.."

"Let's go see the game room." Dad practically drags i'm out of the room, as I raise an eyebrow at mom. "I love it here!" She changes the subject.

"I'm sure you do." I comment sitting down at the table. "Harper went up just now to wake you, must have missed you." Harpers mom comments hiding a smirk with her glass.

"Yeah guess so." My hand stings getting hit by moms, "Hands off the glass!" Just one sip.

"So has Stefano met a girl yet?"

"He's gay." Harpers voice behind me has everyone's head turn. "What?" Our mothers voices speak, even mine.

"I'm kidding Carmen don't get your panties in a twist." She rolls her eyes taking a seat.

"Why would I care?" I say a little too defensively. Our mothers share a look, but mine more on the disapproving side.

"You have the biggest crush on him!"

"A little crush never hurts anyone." Harpers mother speaks up. Mom doesn't say anything, but I know she wants to.

The mother and daughter filled the awkward silence, thankfully. Making me feel better, though mom was hiding her judgment.

I know she thinks it's what's best for me, I know she's right. I just can't say no when i'm around him. It's gratifying.

The day continued, me and Harper played games with Jax, mostly Mario Kart. I beat them every time, feeling proud of myself. Later in the night after dinner Harper showed us to a pool, we went up to get changed. I didn't bring a swimsuit so Harper let me borrow one of hers.

It fit well on me, hugging my hips nicely. I turn around to look at my side in the mirror. Suddenly something behind me moves, making me gasp. Before I can turn around, hands grab my waist.

Stefano stands behind me looking through the mirror into my eyes. "How did you get in here?" I ask him breathlessly.

"The door." I make a face, making him grip my hips tighter. "You shut the door in my face."

"Not directly in your face." I state, trying to move from his hold, but he doesn't budge.

"Can you let go of me?"

"You've never complained before." He does make a point. A knowing look crosses over his features, he thinks i'll just melt in his arms.

"I'm serious let go." He removes his hands but doesn't back up. I turn around before being pushed into to mirror. The cold front sent chills to my skin.

"You going somewhere looking like that."

"Swimming." I say annoyed. He licks his lips taking my shirt from earlier I sat on the dresser. "Cover yourself. The guards will stare."

"Maybe I want them to." I shouldn't have said that. His hand wraps around my throat making my eyes bulge out of my head. "What-"

"Say that again." Our mouths were inches apart, warming mine with his hot breath. I swallow hard, making my throat seize.

He won't hurt me, i'm convinced.

"I want them to." His other hand squeezes the other side tighter, making it harder to breathe. I panic trying to gasp an air, but I get nothing in return. "Don't forget who's house you're in."

I nod tearing up, before he squeezed once more dropping my my neck, my entire body falls onto the floor. "It's best if we no longer see each other, guest."

He slams the door behind him.

...

Vote!!