Chapter 45 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

Sitting down at the table with my right leg anxiously bouncing up and down, I check my phone again.

It's currently one twenty three pm. I've been waiting twenty three minutes for this person to show up. I know I shouldn't have came but honestly, I had this gut feeling that just kept telling me to come.

Call me stupid or whatever but I just needed to know who this person is.

I check my phone again to see that only a minute has passed by. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea to come after all.

I grab my purse so that I could leave but a hand landing on my shoulder stops me from getting up.

"Leaving so soon?" The voice asks, making me look up.

I let out a breath as my nerves finally calm down.

"I'm sorry that I'm late." She tells me while taking a seat in front of me. "I had to come up with a lie about where I was going and make sure that I wasn't being followed."

"It's fine, Jenny." I say as I place my purse back on the table.

"You okay?" She questions me with a look of concern. "You look a little pale."

I shake my head, "I was just worried about who had texted me. You could've put your name, you know?"

She lets out a sigh, "Yeah, sorry. I just wanted to be careful."

"I'm not going to lie, I didn't think we were still going to do this. I mean, it's been months." I say to her as a waiter walks over to us.

"Hello ladies, what can I get for you both?" He asks, notepad and pen in hand.

"I'll just take a black coffee." Jenny tells him before he nods his head and turns to me.

"What about you gorgeous?" He says with a light smile playing on his lips.

I return the smile, "Just two chocolate donuts."

"You got it." He gives me a wink before turning and walking away.

Jenny looks around the cafe, "You came alone right? You didn't tell anyone about this?"

"No, I came alone." I tell her as she nods her head.

"How have you and Lily been?" She leans forward, placing her elbows on the table.

I cross my arms over my chest, "We're getting better."

"That's good." She gives me a smile, not saying anything for a few seconds before she speaks again. "Look, the reason I told you to come here today is because we have some things to talk about."

"Yeah, I guess we do." I say, almost too quietly as I place my hands in my lap.

"Listen Roxie, I-" She begins talking but is cut off when the waiter comes back to our table.

"Okay, one black coffee and two chocolate donuts." He says while placing the items down in front of us.

"Thank you." I speak as Jenny looks up at him, waiting for him to leave.

"Hey..." He scratches the back of his neck. "Would you maybe want to have dinner with me?"

I raise an eyebrow in shock and let out a nervous laugh, "I- I don't know. I don't even know you."

"We could get to know each other." He suggests with a hopeful look in his eyes.

I rub the side of my left arm, "I don't think that's such a good idea."