Chapter 16 Just Out Of The Water

A few minutes earlier..

You gasped as you finally bobbed your head above the water your lungs greedily sucking in air as the boys coughed at your sides. You jumped you can't believe you jumped! Softly you guided Zach and Gray towards the shore lagging behind as you swam through the clear water coughing your self as they staggered to land.

Zach turned around and helped you out of the water as gray fidgeted watching as you pushed your hair from your face now straightened and sticking to your skin. You let out a long breath shaking your head.

"You jumped." You laughed a little relieved.

"What else were we supposed to do?" Zach huffed but there was a new respect in his eyes.

"W-What do we do now? What do you think we should do now?" Gray asked nervously and you looked at him before looking up towards the dense jungle ahead.

"We need to get back to the park, that thing is out here away from guests, we head back and I'll make sure the evacuation process happens." You marched forward and both boys trailed by your side.

"What if they don't listen? What if we can't get back?" Gray looked uneasy and you knew this really had to be hard on him. Both of them, but gray's still a kid.

"It'll be okay, we'll find away." You sighed walking through brushing tree branches out of the way as the boys walked with you.

"You think that thing is still looking for us?" Zach turned to look behind him paranoid.

"No it lost interest pretty quick, which is weird if it was hunting...I'm no expert though, but I think we're safe for right now. But we need to keep moving." You weren't really sure where you were going but as long as you kept walking you figured you'd encounter something decently familiar.

"What if there's more dinosaurs loose?" Gray swallowed thickly.

"It'll be okay we'll find a way to survive, we just need to relax..just," you paused looking for the right words, "act like this is just a nice walk though the jungle. 65 million years ago."

Zach and gray nodded and followed after you through the forest, you weren't sure what to do to make them relax. Gray was panting and sounding like he was close to hyperventilating and Zach...you think he's trying to keep a brave face. You stopped seeing an old workers helmet on the ground, cracked with stains on it and Gray gasped a bit. He sounded close to crying.

You knelt down to look at it motioning for the boys to stay where they were standing for a second as you picked it up, just as a faint growl from far away was heard.

"It's dried blood, and this is an old logo from the early beginnings of the park, this old." You muttered standing up to see a jeep not to far away.

"You boys stay there." You walked forward to inspect it seeing there was nothing here as you inched closer.

Busted.

You made a face, well it's not like you really know how to fix a car either. Not that you couldn't learn but it just never had been something you needed to know.

Does Owen know about the crazy monster loose?

You wondered to your self turning your head as you watched Zach and gray slowly approach you.

"I thought I told you two to stay there." You made a face.

"Yeah like we're gonna let you die out here too." Zach rolled his eyes as if that was obvious gripping the jeep. Gray gripping his arm. You smiled a bit at that then saw he had caught something in his eyes looking to where he was looking you saw just what he was staring at. It looked like some boarded up gate or something. It almost reminded you of Indiana Jones where he'd walk through the forest and find a secret passage.