29. His ignorance

Preeti's point of view

It's been more than two weeks now when Siddharth leaved house with me and after that day he is behaving differently to me. I tried many times to talk to him but he always says he is fine or answer me in yes or no most of the time.

When I woke up in the morning of next day we leave the home, Siddharth wasn't beside me. He left a note on a kitchen counter that he went to office early and Andrew will be here if I needed anything. Andrew bring Siddharth and my luggage from the mansion and bought few necessary groceries for us.

It's a routine now I didn't fine Siddharth beside me every morning. He leaves early in the morning and came home late at night. We barely eat breakfast and dinner together. Every night I wait for him and sleep in living room on the couch waiting for him but at morning I found myself on a comfy bed of our room.

I tried to talk him about that topic but he refused to talk and change the topic whenever I bring it. So I didn't force him and gave him some time and space to think and support him silently. So whenever he want someone to talk I always be there.

I tried to call keerti many time but she wasn't picking up my calls. Mom called me once and asked about whereabouts and make sure that we both are fine. When Dad came to know about the fight between Siddharth and Keerti, he came to our house and tried to take back me and Siddharth with him to the mansion but Siddharth denied. After trying so many time Dad gave up but he said that his family is always be incomplete without his son and daughter-in-law.

So much is going in our life. I am fighting with my demons of that night when I coloured my hands with someone's blood and the fear of being caught by police is always be there and on top of that Siddharth's distancing is eating me from inside.

Siddharth and my life was never a bed of roses. We faced many difficulties and miseries in our life and we always came through of them and I am sure we also pass this phase of life together.

So to distract myself from all of this I was thinking of doing job. I applied in some financial company for an accountant job and two of them called me for a job interview. I didn't tell Siddharth about this. I didn't get a chance to talk to him about this but today I am going to talk to him about this.

I was sitting in a balcony looking at the evening orange sky when suddenly a door bell rang. I got up and opened the door.

Siddharth was standing at the door looking all tired up. Dark circles around his eyes showing that he didn't sleep properly in past days.

"Hey..." He greets me.

"Hey..." I greet him back and move aside to give him space to enter inside the house.

I took his laptop bag and suit jacket from him and put it on the couch. He loosened his tie and set on the couch.
I went to the kitchen and bring a glass of water for him.

When I came to the Livingroom with glass of water I saw Siddharth was groaning rubbing his temple with his fingers.

He took a glass from the tray and put it on the table after drinking water. I touched his forehead and gasped when his hot skin touched the skin of my palm.

"Siddharth you have a high fever." I said while putting my hand on his neck. He is burning with high fever. I don't know how he drove home in this high fever.

"No, I am fine. It's just a little flue. I will be fine after taking rest." He said while opening his eyes which turned into red due to fever.

'Aacchhoo...' He sneezed.

"You have a cold too. How you drove home in this condition?" I finally asked him while removing the tie from his neck and opened the top two buttons of his shirt so he could feel little comfort.