Chapter 38

Chloe's P.O.V

"Hey Chlo."

"Yep?"

"You're cute."

I smile at the memory that kept replaying in my head.

She and Aunt Carol are talking while molding the cookie dough. She looked a little uncomfortable.

I took a quick glance at her. Her brown hair was messily tied but it made her look more beautiful, her awkward laughs when Aunt Carol try say something funny.

And when she was scolding me earlier.

Oh how I liked it. I know I should feel guilty or whatever but it just made me adore her more. The way her nose scrunched a little, when her eyes glared at me.

It was kind of hot.

I'd love to see it again but I don't wanna risk too much. She's been a lot more talkative and a little open. And on top of that, she gave me a nickname.

She said I was her friend. We were friends. But I want more. I want to hold her hand while I'm driving without being sneaky. I want to bake stuff with her and not feel any tension because I can't steal a kiss. I want to-

"Hey," I was nudged, "here." She was handing me a piece of cookie dough. "Try this and stop zoning out."

I looked at it and I slightly bent down and ate the dough from her hands.

"What the- Chlo!" She said.

"What?" I asked innocently while chewing.

"You take it. Not eat it from my hand!" She huffed.

I heard Aunt Carol laugh behind her. I just gave her a shrug.

"Whatever." She scoffed, "j-just help so we could finish faster." She turned and continued chatting with Aunt Carol with a flushed face.

I blinked twice.

Do...do I actually have a chance?

But she's straight, right?

I grabbed a chunk of dough and started molding it slowly between my hands.

I should probably start stepping up and see.

I placed the molded dough on the baking sheet and smirked.

If so, I need to start as soon as possible.