Chapter VI.

Thank god, the resting room was right next to the ballroom. Otherwise, I don't know what I would've done.

   As expected, the resting room had a couch inside it, & also mirrors, & sinks, but they hardly matter. 

   Neither of them had expected that as soon as I go in, I'd sit down on the couch as if I was the leader among these acts but the crown prince's insignificant fiancee must've thought that by this, I actually wanted to be part of their acts when I just wanted to mind my own business; 'Hey, don't you think she looks super ugly right now?' she asked, while the other two girls blocked the doorway. 

   She was asking from me I realized, as I found Selene's hateful gaze upon me. They were looking towards me, who was just sitting on the couch- tiresome. Now, they're including me in it? Though I'm the future villainess, I have no intentions at all, to make the girl feel worse about herself. At the same time, this girl had powerful connections, so if I actually befriended her...

Unfortunately, I felt lying, or acting extra bothersome. So, my choice was unexpectedly to side the heroine; 'No, she's actually so pretty I'd never be able to forget her face.'

   Well, I don't care if I die. I'm too lazy to care, about anyone at all. Even my current family... well, I doubt they'd suffer if I'm out of the picture. 

    Their eyes widened at my unexpected remark. Especially Selene's, it was so wide I was worried her eyes might pop out. Well, not actually worried- worrying is too mentally tiring for me.

    Because of what I said, in an instant their target became me; 'Ah, wait. You're the Duke Elan's only daughter, aren't you?' she asked, & I quietly waited for her to continue.

   'I thought I saw you somewhere; your red eyes are the only ones that exist in the whole world, how did I forget?' she chuckled. I would remember her chuckle right then even if ten years passes; because it scared me. It sounded horrifying, no. It sounded disgusting. How can anyone laugh like a horse? Now, I understand why she came here where no one was; if she laughed there, her dignity as a noble woman would turn to horse sh*t.

    (A/n; she's like a pro at insulting people, of course inside her head)

'Yeah, that's right!' the two other girls laughed; 'You know, lady Elan?'

    I stayed quiet, & un-moving, as if I was paralyzed; 'There was a rumor about how you got your red eyes,' she said with a mocking smile- her body was of now, fully turned towards me. While Selene watched the back of the unimportant fiancee with a dazed look. She wasn't going to recover anytime soon; the female leads are always dim-wits, that's a fact everyone knows. 

    'They say that you were born from a curse. There are such rumors like that, would you like to hear it?'

   Without waiting for my answer she continued; 'Duke Elan was quite known for his taste for blood after all, it wasn't actually the most surprising thing for his daughter to be born with eyes similar to blood. Actually, just between us... my father told me you drink the blood of your servants.'

   'It's true,' one of the girls nodded; 'I heard that in the Duke's mansion, the servants look either really tired, or never really appears again,' the girl talked enthusiastically.

    I didn't know if the words they were saying were true, or not- I didn't care, but for all I knew, I had to take their words silently like this. Because if I showed even a hint of resistance, it would turn out bad only for me. That's how this world was; the powerful preyed on the weak. 

    However, it was almost insulting how these girls thought such simple words could be called offensive.  

   Of course, it's really obvious that they're third rate villains; even, Phoenix in the novel was much crueler with words, & she wasn't even that smart.

   The three girls burst out laughing while I just sighed. That's when the heroine finally recovered; 'Stop! Weren't you talking to me?' she cried out at them, bringing their attention to her while glancing at me with pitying eyes.

   What... what was that? Pity?

'Oh, how noble of you,' the leading circus clown mused.

    You're the one who's pitiful! You're the one who goes through all sorts of things because the male leads liked you, why...?! That actually feels insulting for me!

   'So? At least I'm good looking enough for the crown prince to look at me,' she smiled mockingly, the way the leading clown smiled at me back then, & I was surprised because I didn't think she'd go that far to hit a sore spot.

   'How dare you...?!' the leading clown raised her hand to slap her, but this time I interrupted her; 'I think the crown prince might be looking for her fiancee who disappeared for a quite long time.'

   'What?' she turned back, pausing. At the same time, the two girls who stood by the door stopped smirking.

   'I said, I think it's better for you to go now, because the crown prince might be looking for you,' I repeated.

   Crown prince? More like clown prince, the prince of clowns sounds much more suitable. 

'... Fine. We'll meet again soon,' she  passed Selene, hitting her shoulder in the way, & the two clowns opened the door for her to get out. Only the two of us were left in the room, staring at each other.

A/N; Well, I don't care if I die. I'm too lazy to care, about anyone at all. Even my current family... well, I doubt they'd suffer if I'm out of the picture.

  This scene actually made my heart ache- the fact that she cares about no one, not even herself makes me feel a bit sad.