Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

As a new "As always", please check for any grammar mistakes for me, thank you.

I have come to a conception that my chapters are just basically filler nowadays. Are they really? 

Hmm...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...How would you feel about assisting the Hero and my soldiers in Fighting an Ancient class Dragon?"

Giving this proposition, the Prince had little confidence that the woman in front of him would accept. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't even bring up anything related to dragons because that is supposed to be highly confidential stuff. Isis is supposedly a civilian, he shouldn't be roping someone of such standing into something like this.

But he had witnessed her strength, her battle prowess.

Really rough around the edges, but even he could see the pearly white diamond underneath the bedrock and dirt surrounding it. Though it wasn't his place, he wanted to polish it. Isis only won this fight because of her unnatural amount of mana and it's abilities.

If she didn't have that, with inexperienced and street fighting moves, she wouldn't get anywhere. She brute forced her way to victory like a stubborn salamander that refused to die before it's flame of life was extinguished.

The Prince pulled a comb out of an inner pocket of his military like uniform and brushed his hair back in his normal style. The fight had moved it out of place with it's intensity.

Her abilities, Healing and strength, she is an unusual build for a fighter, but it shows it's power properly.

A glaring flaw is that if she takes more damage than what she can heal, she will lose. In a fight like the one she just had with the Hero, she didn't have to worry about external interference and only needed to focus on the Hero.

After he asked Isis the request, he gauged her reaction.

Isis' face grew dark and filled with a burning hatred, only for a millisecond before it returned to her neutral expression, but he noticed. What would cause her to be angry?

The Prince put his comb back in the pocket and waited for Isis' answer. His ruby eyes staring at the small woman who was almost 2 feet smaller than him.

Oh god, he couldn't get over her looks. How he wanted to just hug her tightly and smell her hair, to make her his. Sure she was a demi-human and of unknown birth, but if need be, he will push past the obstacles that will prevent him from putting a ring on that lovely little finger.

No matter the cost.

If the Prince needed to forsake the Empire he is destined to rule, he would do it in a heartbeat. It may just be a blind love, but just being in her presence made him so happy. Though the Prince kept up appearances of professionalism, deep down, he wanted to just squeal like a girl.

The Prince closed his eyes, his inner thoughts a mystery that only the gods know, whichever one is real, if any.

His proposition, what is her answer? Will she come along? Will he get to look at her for a bit longer?

Under the mask of professionalism that covers his well featured face, he was about to cry if she said no. Please don't say no.

"Sure." The little lady agreed, an evil smile creeping along her face while the Prince's eyes were closed. A horrible fate awaited those that came along for the ride to hell.