2. Chapter 11

Andrea's p.o.v

It was pretty late when I left the Avengers tower. I had heard murmur of Tony having another compound for us to go to. But, I wasn't interested. I found myself finding a small motel a few miles from the tower. I couldn't think clearly, I wanted a fresh start in the morning where I could begin travelling.

When I walked into the motel room, it wasn't bad, it could have been worse. I dropped my bag on the floor and rushed to finally have a shower. No more tears fell this time, I had no more left.

I got dressed and then left my motel room, locking the door. I strolled into the nearest bar and ordered a whiskey. My eyes stared at the glass. I hadn't drunk any yet because I was too scared. But all I wanted right now was to get drunk.

The bar wasn't full of people, but there were a couple of groups spread out around. I heard the door go and heard heavy footsteps arrive behind me. Without even looking I mumbled, "I was wondering when you were going to show up."

"A little robot informed me of your whereabouts before the battle of Sokovia," his rough voice informed me before sitting down on the barstool next to me. "You gonna drink that?" He asked, you could hear the smirk as he spoke. When I didn't respond, he grabbed the whiskey and downed it in seconds.

"I've been watching you, observing as you became this so called 'hero'. I've simply been waiting for your whole world to come crashing around you, because it was inevitable, right? Who could love you? You've kidnapped, tortured and murdered hundreds. How they even accepted you as an avenger, I don't know. The mask was a nice touch, I had no idea who you were until Ultron told me," he grinned, ordering another whiskey once he finished.

"Our commander has died, which puts me in charge. How does that make you feel?" He leaned in, his breath tickling my neck as he spoke, but I didn't squirm away, I stayed strong.

"So, are you gonna take my powers away, just like he always threatened?" I quizzed, finally looking at him. He had grown more dark stubble on his face making him look more evil in a way.

"What fun would that be?" He laughed, his dark brown eyes meeting mine. "No, you've got 48 hours to leave New York and never have contact with your friends again or I'll kill them. Then I want you to run, and when I catch you, then I'll take them away. I'll enjoy watching as you become nothing, as you realize there is nothing special about you. And then, even if the Avengers do lose enough pride to take you back, you'll be of no use to them," he grinned nudging my shoulder as if this was a joke to him.

"What if I killed you?" I quizzed, gripping a small switchblade I held in my pocket. "Consider this a reason for you not to kill me. I know about your family. Your mother and father are dead, but you do have siblings. I know of their location and I will not hesitate to kill them. You kill me, the whole of Hydra has my confirmation to kill them," he informed me.

The news shocked me. I had a family? I watched as he picked up the glass, finishing his second whiskey before standing up. He dropped a hundred dollar bill on the bar before kissing my cheek. "I'll see you soon, my love," he bid his farewell before leaving me alone.

I couldn't help but feel the anger course through my veins knowing I couldn't do anything. I had to run. But for tonight, I was by myself. I turned to the bartender and ordered another whiskey and a couple of shots. I didn't even wince as I downed the drinks, feeling the burn down my throat.

I turned around and looked at the people sitting around. A couple of men were playing darts, but they didn't interest me. I kept scanning until I spotted a pretty blonde sitting at a table with what looked like vodka lemonade. She was in a pantsuit and was staring at her phone with a scowl on her face. It looked like we both needed cheering up.