Chapter 12- Dreamless Potion

He turned his gaze to Madam Pomfrey and raised an eyebrow, only getting a small smile in return. "You can wait until he wakes up, James. He'll need someone to be with him and do call me when he does."                   

Before giving James a chance to speak, she walked away from the Potter boys.

●●●●●●●

Day 1, 25/12/1998

James slowly laid Harry down on the bed with Teddy, absentmindedly stroking his messy hair. As Harry laid on the bed next to James holding Teddy, James got lost in his thoughts. Almost felt like drowning in them.

Tonight, he thought to himself, is the night Harry will know the truth.

He was scared by the reaction that Harry could give, but that was not what he was worrying about. Harry was sick. And he didn't even know why or what his sickness was. He was getting frustrated. He looked down at the sleeping form of his son and smiled sadly at him as he whispered.

"I solemnly swear I won't let any harm come to you as long as I live."

●●●●●●●

"I'm so gonna kill James. I'm Harry' mother and he is the one who gets to be with him!" Lily exclaimed from her spot next to Sirius as they sit in the Gryffindor common room.

Sirius raised and eyebrow, clearly amused. "You know he is his father, right?"

Lily turned and glared at him. "Shut up, Black!"

Sirius put a hand to his chest, just above his heart and sighed dramatically. "I thought we were over this, Lilyflower. My name is Sirius and Black is my last name. I can write it down if you want."

Lily glared for a while before continuing her talking.

Remus nudged Sirius with his elbow. Sirius turned to look at him with questioning eyes while Remus pointed towards the exit of the common room with his chin. Sirius smirked as Remus rolled his eyes. Sirius giggled, grabbed Remus' hand and pulled him towards the exit, leaving Lily alone.

●●●●●●●

Harry was sleeping peacefully when he woke up to something poking his cheek. He frowned and mumbled in his sleep before turning away. He heard quite giggles before his cheek got poked again. He opened his eyes to see a toothless Teddy grinning at him with jet black hair and emerald green eyes. Behind him was Jacob smirking at them.

He slowly sat up, put Teddy on his lap and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "'Morning."

James chuckled. "Good morning, Harry. How are you feeling?"

"Honestly, I feel like shit. It's not something I'm not used to though." Harry said as he made funny faces to Teddy.

It was silent for a moment, James having a silent argument with himself. After a moment, he hesitated before asking. "Hey, Harry?"

Harry answered without taking his eyes off Teddy. "Hm?"

James coughed. "Can- Can you tell me about your... uh- illness?"

Harry froze for a moment, subconsciously touching his lightning bolt shaped scar with his fingertips. He took a deep breath to calm himself and rearranged Teddy on himself before turning to James.

He was about to answer, but before he could, Madam Pomfrey came in making James swore under his breath.

"How is my least favorite patient doing?" She exclaimed happily as she looked at the parchment in her hands.

Harry fake gasped, though his lips were twitching upwards a little. "You wound me, Madam Pomfrey. But for the record, I'm doing alright, just a little dizzy."

She chuckled. "Well, it's normal, then. What about your sleeping schedule?"

Harry rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah... about that..." he started but was cut off by an angry voice.

"Mr. Potter! I thought I told you to sleep no matter what! You're exhausting yourself!" She glared a little longer than necessary before giving a small sigh. "You know I can't give you any Dreamless Potions for another 2 days. You need to try, dear." She said softly.

"I know I'm supposed to sleep. But I really can't after having-" He cut his own phrase and glanced at James, reluctant to talk about his issues next to him.

Understanding the matter, Madam Pomfrey spoke. "It's alright, Harry. Just make sure you sleep. Now, get out, I have things to do."

Harry smirked as he stood up with Teddy in his arms and James next to him. He stretched and was about to ask another question about the parchment in her hand, but Madam Pomfrey beat him to it.

"It's the same as the last one, dear. I'm sorry." She said sadly.

"And what about my arm. It's still hurts sometimes." He questioned.

"I can give you a potion for the pain, but you know you're going to have to live with that for the rest of your life." She said before using the summoning charm on the potion she wanted.

She gave it to Harry who just took it with a distant look in his eyes.

He smiled sadly and walked out of the Hospital Wing with Teddy and James.

●●●●●●●

I know I'm super super late and I'm really really sorry but I didn't have the chance to publish it.