Chapter 9

Warnings: Abuse mentioned.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"I just, I know it's not her fault," I start then rest my head on Becky's shoulder, "But it still hurts."

"And that's ok, baby. You can still feel hurt. I would feel hurt. I personally think that the only way that you can possibly feel a little better is by talking to the family," Becky's says.

"You're probably right," I say and Becky gently cups my cheek.

My head comes off her shoulder and her eyes connect with my green one's. She pulls me in for a kiss and I sink into it. "Thank you," Becky says when we pull away.

"For what?" I ask confused.

"For trusting me."
———
Flashback: Before Andrea was adopted.

Andrea's POV:

"Why?" I hear him scream as he throws a beer bottle at the wall.

I jump when the glass hits the wall and grimace when the glass hits me. "I'm sorry David, I didn't mean to be out so late," I say as I look at him frightened.

"Please, give me a reason I took you in? It was a horrible mistake," David says taking a sip of his beer, "You are a terrible foster child."

I look down. "Go downstairs," David says and I look up with wide eyes.

"Please, no," I plead.

David walks over to me and I walk backwards. My back hits the wall. "I said get the fuck downstairs!" He screams.

I frantically run past him and run down the stairs. I take a deep breath and prepare for the torture. "Let's begin," David says walking down the stairs.

I hear the door close upstairs. "Tony!" I scream as David comes closer.

I hear frantic footsteps. "Dad! Stop!" Tony says running in.

"Antonio, stay out of this," David says.

"Please," Tony says quickly standing in front of me.

David looks at me and I quickly look at the ground. "Fine," he says walking back upstairs.

Tony turns around and pulls me into his arms. I immediately break down. "I got you," he says and I cry harder, "Let's get you cleaned up."
———
Present

Andrea's POV:

I gasp as I sit up. I'm sweating and my breathing is erratic. I take a deep breath to calm down and look to my right to see Becky still sleeping.

I get out of bed and walk downstairs. I get a glass of water and lean against the counter. David was my first and last foster parent. He took me in when I was thirteen.

He used to abuse me verbally and physically every week. The only person that was there to save me was David's son, Tony. He was sixteen when I was taken in. Tony was my best friend and I haven't seen him since I was adopted.

I take a sip of my water then wash the glass. "What are you doing?" I hear behind me.

I turn to see Becky, "Just getting some water."

"What happened?" She asks walking towards me.

"I had a nightmare," I say looking down.

"You want to talk about it?" Becky ask as she gently holds onto my hands.