A New Heir

Chuck had asked Diana to meet at the Empire in order to find out who was in charge of Bart's disappearance and why he was still in danger. He was hoping to make a deal that gave him his answers and also sent Diana far away from NYC.

Maddie hid out in Chuck's bedroom while Lola and Nate were in his.

The three listened intensely as Chuck and Diana made a deal on Diana leaving before they began talking about Bart Bass.

"Are you sure you want to know who tried to kill him?" Diana asked.

"Yes I'm sure and we have a deal" Chuck said.

"All right then. David Rose. One of your father's biggest Real Estate providers. He's been know for playing dirty both in and out of the bed sheets" Diana said. "We have an appointment at the James Suite, Skyline Hotel 3pm. He's willing to give me insider news for money. If someone were to catch him in the act it would be valuable blackmail material"

"Thank you. Pleasure doing business with you" Chuck said shaking Diana's hand.

Diana just before she leaves receives a call from a friend at the New York Times and revokes her deal with Chuck. She takes the paper straight out of his hand.

Just as Diana exits Serena walks in.

"Do you think she's telling the truth?" Maddie asked the group but Chuck was too mad to hear her.

"What have you done? You ruined the deal I had with Diana" Chuck said to Lola.

"Sorry but we couldn't just let her get away she deceived everyone" Nate said.

"You don't understand how personal that deal was. She was going to help my father... Bart... he's alive"

"Oh my god" Serena gasped.

"So do we really think it's Maddie's dad?" Nate asked.

"We can only find out one way. We need to send two girls to the room like Diana would for the information" Chuck said.

"Ivy and Lola should be able to do the job. My dad wouldn't know them. I, however, don't think my dad is capable of plotting a murder" Maddie said rubbing her arm.

"It's settled Lola and Ivy will go to the hotel room" Chuck said.

"You need to keep an eye on your father and make sure he's meeting at the hotel" Chuck said to Maddie before rushing out with Nate, Lola and Serena.

Maddie jumped in a cab and headed to her father's office.

When she walked in she was greeted by her dad's secretary. "Can I help you Madeline?"

"Just here to see my father" Maddie said smiling. She pushed the office doors open to see her dad on the phone.

"Yes see you tonight" her father said before placing the phone back on the receiver.

"Madeline what a surprise"

"I was hoping we could hang out tonight if you are free. You know catch up and stuff maybe over dinner?"

"I just need to stop somewhere quickly and then we can go have dinner. Upstate New York okay?" Her father asked. Maddie smiled and shook her head before shooting a text to Chuck and Nate that her father was most likely heading to the Vardin House.

"Let's go. Nancy I'm leaving early" her father said to the secretary. The two hopped into the limo that was awaiting out front.

When the two arrived her father told Maddie to stay in the car. She watched as he walked inside.

She herself waited a full minute before heading in not wanting the opportunity to slip away.

She opened the second door on the right to find Andrew Tyler in hand cuffs with Chuck smirking.

Suddenly the door behind her bursts open with her dad and Diana practically making out.

"Madeline?"

"Dad what's going on?"

"David Rose you are under arrest" the cops announced swiftly grabbing his wrists and cuffing him. Andrew Tyler and her father exchanged a look.

"You set me up" her father yelled at Diana who left the room with a big smile. Bart walked in.

"Surprised to see me?" Bart asked. Both Andrew and David looked confused.

"Can someone explain what's going on?" Maddie asked.

"Bart hired me to look into the properties David was buying privately. When David found out he threatened me and my family. I turned on Bart Bass and told him when he would be in the car. In exchange I got to live" Andrew explained.

"I figured with Bart gone, Chuck at the time would be more willing to work with me. I ended up screwing myself when your sister showed up. I had been planning to take out Chuck next. But then Andrew informed me that Chuck was starting to snoop into everything again" David explained.

"I think that's enough" Chuck said signaling for the cops to take them away.

The cops began to pull David and Andrew out of the house.

"Madeline. The business is yours. I had a lawyer write up an agreement if this happened. Take care of Rose Real Estate" David called out.

"Dad how could you?"

"It was what had to be done"

"Rot in jail" Maddie muttered as she watched her dad be escorted out.

"I guess you'll be sticking around" Chuck muttered before grabbing Bart into a hug.

"Mr. Bass I'm sorry for what my father had done but I hope this doesn't change your opinion on me" Maddie said.

"It changes everything" Bart stated meanly.

"Sir I-"

"Leave now. Bass Industries will no longer be working with any Rose" Bart said. Maddie looked at Chuck who said nothing.

Maddie ran out, angry at her father, mad at Chuck for not sticking up for her and overwhelmed with the thought of having to run an almost multi billion dollar Real Estate company.

Maddie looked back at the mansion once more to see Chuck and Bart happily walking out together. Maddie hopped in the limo and made a phone call.

"Set up a press conference for tomorrow. I'd like to announce my position as the new leader of Rose Real  Estate" Maddie said before ending the call and letting out a sigh.