Chapter Sixteen

Finlay

Whenever I kiss Rose I feel like I am floating above a waterfall, letting small splashes of water hit my body in soft beats of pleasure. And then, sometimes I would let my body dive into the water, and the pleasure intensifies and it grows and grows until it has consumed me, my body and my soul. And when I surface the water she's there. Rose. My Rose. In my arms as the waves of pleasure roll by.

That's how I felt then.

With Rose beneath my lips, my hand on her hip, pushing her body closer to my own whilst my other hand was tangled in her hair. Rose moaned softly which urged me on and my desire blossomed like a rose during a hot summer's night.

Rose's hands fisted in my hair, pulling my head closer to hers. We were so close it seemed like we had morphed into one.

My hands slipped down Rose's legs and bunched her dress in my hands and slowly started to pull it up her legs. The dress was nearly at Rose's knees and I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist. My hands slipped up Rose's thigh and-

"If ye really want to have a tumble in the forest I can leave. But we do need to leave soon."

I grunted in Rose's mouth before I let her body slide down until her feet finally met the ground. She gave me a look of annoyance and dissatisfaction and I could see her disappointment of stopping in her eyes.

"Thank ye Graham for that lovely interruption." I snarled at Graham sarcastically. I turned to look at Rose and let one finger softly caress her cheek, "Graham's right. We need to go. I will explain our plan on the journey."

With one last soft kiss on her lips, I took Rose's hand and pulled her behind me as I walked deeper into the forest.

When we reached the camp everyone was prepared and ready. Warriors mounted horses or stood tall with their bags packed and a loaf of bread in their hands as they prepared to eat their breakfast on the road.

I approached Ares steadily, knowing time was of the essence and the band of warriors and I needed to get on the road. Not only did I have to travel to different clans and ask for their help (which made me slightly uncomfortable as I hated the thought of others looking at me as if I was weak) but I was also trying to end this war quick so the warriors could return to our clan and once again protect it.

Ares was grazing on the grass around him but sensed my presence and his head snapped up to look at me and Rose. Ares trotted over to us and pressed his head into Rose's hands and she laughed lightly before complying with the horses demands and stroked his nose gently.

Ares had been prepared for travel with my bags strung over his back and a blanket laid over him.

"He kicked me a few times when I tried to get him ready but I don't mind." A small voice said from behind me. I turned to see Blair stood there, with his hands behind his back.

"Thank ye." I said quickly before turning away.

"I know ye don't like me. I know I should have stayed with the clan but I couldn't just stay there knowing I could help. I hope you understand that." Blair said strongly before walking away to the rest of the group.

I turned back to Rose thinking that maybe there was a man inside that boy after all.

Surprising Rose I grabbed her waist and swung her on Ares, jumping on after her and wrapping my arms around her waist so I could grab Ares' reins. Starting the horse, Ares galloped over to the band of warriors before settling into a trot at the front of the group.

"You said you would explain our plan on the journey." Rose said as she turned her head to look at me, "this looks like we are on the journey to me."