6.13

Wen Zhuhei's eyes glossed over as he began searching through the faces of the people that he was now just meeting. He needed to find Lu Hongxue first, and then get some information from her. Knowing her, she would've had some information prepared ahead of time.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Chen Shujin still speaking to Wu Louyang and some other men now. He held his normal piercing cold face even as everyone seemingly smiled and spoke. Wen Zhuhei could feel a stifling feeling in his heart that he fought against. Maybe he shouldn't have returned so soon. He wasn't able to control his feelings yet, it made it harder now that he was in front of the man.

Just then, a man stopped him in his path. Wen Zhuhei looked towards the man with a smile even as his eyes turned a bit cold.

"Mr. Qi, what matters do you wish to speak about with me?" Wen Zhuhei asked with a kind smile on his face, hiding the dark emotions in his eye.

"Mr. Wen, I have heard about your name as a youth who surpasses even geniuses that are widely spoken about. I wish to cooperate with you and introduce you to my son." Qi Beilu did not notice that Wen Zhuhei's words did not meet his emotions.

Wen Zhuhei didn't change his expression, even as his heart was cold on the surface when thinking that there were some hunters here who were trying to attack Chen Shujin. Hearing Qi Beilu's words, he merely kept the smile on his face.

"Mr. Qi, thank you for your words, but I have just returned back to Jiibeng. While those words are something that I will thank you for, I will spend a few days getting used to Achin first." Saying this, Wen Zhuhei began reaching for his ring as he spotted Lu Hongxue from the corner of his eyes speaking with Li Yinlui.

"Ah, Mr. Wen, but you will want to agree. I have gathered some of the most promising youths in Jiibeng, future heirs to the most famous companies." Qi Beilu's lips pulled up, a crafty smile showing.

Wen Zhuhei eyes flashed with a cold light, able to discern that Qi Beilu was trying to pressure him into whatever this was.

"Mr. Qi, let me tell you something." Saying this, Wen Zhuhei looked into Qi Beilu's eyes, his finger rubbing his ring.

Qi Beilu still had a smile on his face, only now, his eyes were glossed over as he awaited Wen Zhuhei's words.

Wen Zhuhei made sure that no one was near them and that no eyes were on them. Everyone was now focusing on a singer on stage or either talking with one another so Wen Zhuhei didn't keep up his caution.

"QI Beilu, with your own hands, you will destroy your career by tonight. Now, take your leave from this place." Wen Zhuhei said, his ring suddenly letting out a flash as Qi Beilu nodded his hand.

Walking away, Qi Beilu's eyes were still a bit cloudy but it was not noticeable. With just that, he left the banquet. Even as everyone asked where he would be going, he merely replied that he did not feel well.

Wen Zhuhei walked away, his target was a young man. A waiter who had been sneaking rather close to Chen Shujin, Shu Hezhen and even Li Yinlui. It didn't take much for Wen Zhuhei to know that something was up with that man, or that his actions were suspicious to say the least.

With his focus on the waiter, Wen Zhuhei walked towards him, showing a polite smile as he asked, "Excuse me, I'm feeling a bit ill. Is it alright for you to help take me to the restroom?" Saying this, he made sure to look at the waiter's eyes, his hand not moving from his ring.

The waiter's eyes shook a bit but he didn't break out, nodding his head as he put down the tray he held on a table. "Let me help you, Sir."

Wen Zhuhei followed after the waiter as the man began leading him away from the crowd. Even with the waiter turned away from him, he kept a light smile on his face so that no one would notice that something felt amiss.