Chapter 30

"Nope. No way. I'm not doing it," I snapped, as I firmly shook my head. 

With a loud slam, I closed the fridge door and turned around to face my mother. 

 "I'm not looking after Damien, he's evil!"

 Damien was my evil 6-year old cousin, whom my mum was trying to convince me to look after. I had just come into the kitchen for an innocent snack, and then boom - I was hit with a ten-minute lecture from my mum. 

The last time she made me look after him, not only did he bite me, but the little prick called the child protection services on me. He told them that I was abusing him because I wouldn't let him watch Game of thrones. I repeat, Game-of-fucking-thrones. A program that spends its time fluctuating between sex scenes and scenes of gruesome violence. I tried to explain to him, that it wasn't at all age-appropriate in any shape or form, but he just wouldn't take no for an answer.

My mum sighed heavily. "Please, Mia, your Dad and I have to go visit your grandad today."

"And, taking him with you isn't an option because...?" I drawled.

"Mia, for goodness sake, he's already had a heart attack. The last thing your grandad needs is Damien to induce another one," she yelled.

  She had a point; he was definitely capable of causing one.

I sighed in defeat, "Yeah, that's true, I guess," I mumbled defeatedly.

 She smiled with relief. "Aww, thank you, Mia," she said as she pulled me in for a hug.

 I frowned. "Just don't be surprised when you come back, and he's dead. I only have so much self-control," I warned.

A few hours later, I was sat next to Damien on the sofa watching Game of thrones.

  Yeah, I know. I caved. Sue me. 

I watched in horror as one of the characters was burnt alive. The actress let out the most awful blood-curdling screams, as she begged for her life. I looked over at Damien in worry, only to see he didn't look upset in the slightest. He didn't look remotely bothered and was just staring at the screen emotionlessly, as he munched away at his crisps.

  Yup, he was definitely a psychopath.

 I really shouldn't be letting a 6-year old watch a program like this, but it kept him quiet and occupied, so I didn't care.

Suddenly, Damien snapped his demonic head towards me and frowned. "This episode is boring. I want to go out," he whined, as he rudely threw his crisp packet down on the ground. 

"Damien, you shouldn't throw your rubbish on the ground, that's very naughty," I scolded, as I picked it up. "Can't you just find something inside to do," I snapped.

 I didn't have enough energy to take him somewhere, and besides, taking him somewhere out in the public was asking for trouble. There was no telling what he would do. 

 Damon shot me the nastiest glare and then threw himself on the ground. He started to kick and scream at the top of his lungs, in the most irritating fashion known to man.

 "Give me fucking strength," I muttered under my breath. 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the sofa, as I tried my best to ignore him. The screams soon grew too loud, and I snapped. 

"Okay fine, whatever, you win." 

He immediately stopped screaming and calmly picked himself off the floor and sat back on the sofa. It was incredibly creepy how quickly he managed to compose himself.