Chapter 6

Noah's friends are kind even though I get bored really quickly. His crew consists of four boys and three girls, one of them reminds me a lot of Hannah. I listen to their conversations about football, make-up, and a little gossip about the break-ups and the new relationships of their classmates.

After a while, I start glancing around the yard, at the boys that dive, swim and splash girls, at the teens that are around the pool talking and laughing. But my eyes stop their tour when they find a familiar face, Jacob. He's playing this game with the ball and drinks. He throws the ball inside a red cup and a wave of applause is heard as a young boy drinks the content of the cup.

Where is Corbyn?

I start gazing around until I lay my eyes on him. He's drinking something out of the red cup close to Jacob's table talking to-of course- a girl. She keeps throwing herself at him by touching him and smirking at him. Her finger travels upon his body until he comes closer to her and his lips....

I stop looking and head inside the mansion. I try to walk between sweaty bodies searching for a bathroom. I walk and find the kitchen, a huge dining room but not a restroom. And like that, I decide to go upstairs.

When I reach the top of the stairs a weak smile finds its way to my lips because as I go further, I realize that it's almost empty, quiet. I turn the corner and sit down in the dark corridor. I bring my legs to my chest and hug them as I lay my head on the wall. The loud music has mostly faded. It is heard almost like a humming.

I feel tired of this. This is my first party without my girls and I miss them. They must be dancing and having fun at Shawn's party while I'm sitting here, alone.

Tears start running down my cheeks when I think about how my life has changed. A week ago, I had no clue about any of this and now everything is changed.

I'm so confused. I want my old life back; my lovely parents, my friends, my best friend Clary, my old school and my old house.

A moan disturbs my pleasant silence causing me to bottle up a sob. I look around but I don't find anyone. The same sound is heard and I think that this is my clue to leave. With a heavy heart, I stand up and start looking for the bathroom as more tears meet my strained face.

I try to open a door but it's locked. I turn the knob in the next and through the darkness, I view as the moonlight illuminates a big black instrument, piano. I will surely revisit that room later. I close the door silently and walk to the next.

When I open it, I freeze. There's a big bed in the center occupied by a couple that lays on it. When the realization hits me, my eyes widen and I gasp. I don't manage to complete my thought as I see an extraordinary shade of blonde in the boy's head. My lips part and the air disappears leaving me with flaming lugs. Corbyn moves a little and the girl he was talking to earlier is under him, moaning his name.

I shut the door quickly, a little louder than I intended and hurry back. I push the last door open of a corridor revealing a capacious restroom. Relief dominates my heart. I lock it and slide down to the floor as the tears and the sobs posse me once more.

After minutes, a light pounding on the door distinguishes in my quietness before a wave of disappointment fills me. I want to be alone and now that I find this peaceful place, I have to leave. I hear the pounding again, louder this time.

"One minute!" I internally say wishing the person could stop as I stand up wiping my tears. I unlock the door and find him. My breath gets knocked out of me at the sight of him standing before me.

He's taken back at my crying appearance; I must look terrible with a pale face, red eyes, and stained cheeks. He stares at my eyes, my cheeks, and then down my body. Is he really doing that right now? I take a deep breath as images of him kissing her come to my mind.