The finale P.2

A/N- For those of you who haven't read the other book, i recommend going back and reading this one (last chapter) to get the gist of what's happening. 

 -Tony's P.O.V- 

As I begin to fight against the alien creatures; and I couldn't help but feel a bad feeling begin to eat away in my stomach. 

"DAD. HELP!" I hear Peter shout. 

My head shoots up and I can see his figure battling with an alien who has a tight grip on him, pulling him away from our group. As fast as I can I shoot away all the aliens around me and start flying as fast as I can towards him. 

"I'm coming Peter." I say, pushing my suit to move quicker. 

Fear grows in the pit of my stomach as I see the cliff coming into view, with Peter being flown straight towards it. 

An ear piercing scream is admitted from him and I wince, hating that my child is in pain. 

I grow closer as I see his now being hung over the edge, my eyes widen as I try desperately to get to him before the worst happens. 

Before I have the chance to react Peter is falling and the thing is coming straight for me. Before it collides with me I watch as Peter grips the edge of the cliff, and I feel my heart beat speed up at the possible outcome. 

I grunt as the alien tackles me, just as I saw the light begin to leave its eyes; some kind of liquid is over my arc reactor. 

"FRIDAY." I say, watching the alien die in front of me, but I get no reply. Instead, my suit begins to fall back into my reactor. 

Fear builds inside of me as I hear Peter cry out for me. I snap my attention to him and bolt towards him, needing to get him to safety. 

I try to get FRIDAY to respond and to get the suit back as I run to him, and then the worst thing could ever happen. I watch helplessly as Peters arm falters and he begins to fall again. I reach him just in time to latch my hands onto his arm, keeping him from the deadly descent below. 

"I got you Petey, I'm so sorry bubba." I cry out, trying to keep my grip on him and my balance on the cliff. 

Peters grip on mine continuously falters in my grip as he begins to slip from my shaking grip. 

"I love you dad." He whimpers as tears begin to cascade down his face, with me in tow. 

I tighten my grip, but to no avail as I still feel his hand slipping from mine. I shake my head continuously, "No no no, I won't let go of you." I state. 

His hand slips more as he looks to me, "dad." He cries quietly. 

"I love you so much kiddo, nothing will happen; you'll be okay." I say, trying to reassure not only him but also myself. 

"FRIDAY SUIT." I cry desperately, but nothing happens as FRIDAY stays quiet. 

Peters hand begins to slip and he says, "I love you dad. I'm sorry." Before I can react he is falling. 

"NO PETER." I scream, watching him fall. 

I stand quickly, tears streaming down my face. 

"FRIDAY. SUIT NOW." I shout desperately, and I can feel the suit slowly enclosing around me. As it does so, I throw myself over the edge to go and get Peter before it's too late. 

The thrusters turn on full thrust as Peter nears the floor and I fear that maybe I will be too late. But then I'm right beside him, nearing the floor and I grab him under his arms and begin to fly straight, knowing not to bring him straight up. 

"I got you kid." I say, feeling him safely in my arms once again. 

"Dad." He cries softly. 

A smile makes its way onto my face, knowing he is still safe and alive. 

-

-

-

A/N- And it begins... 

- M xx