𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐜)

Requested by @nooneimsoconfused

Title: Play Date

~You call me on the telephone,
you feel so far away. You tell me to come over,
there's some games you wanna play.
I'm walking to your house, nobody's home;
just me and you and you and me, alone.~ 

"I'm sorry, you want me to do what?" I put the phone between my shoulder and ear, listening to Mikey's voice as he pleaded with me.

"Just come over and hang with me! Please, ever since I hurt my ankle, everyone's been babying me. Even Raph! You can't imagine how confused I was when he walked in my room yesterday with a bowl of ice-cream and a few of his comics," I nodded along with his story, only half-listening as I stirred my soggy cereal.

"Okay, so since you're still hurt, what do you even want to do? Watch movies or play video games, which you do by yourself all the time. What do you need me for?" I heard a small chuckle from the other side of the phone as I grabbed my shoes and began slipping them on.

"Something different," I gave a small grin at his words as I fingered my keys and locked my door.

"I'm on my way."

~We're just playing hide-and-seek,
 it's getting hard to breathe under the sheets with you.
I don't wanna play no games.
I'm tired of always chasing, chasing after you.~

"What are you doing?" I asked Mikey as I scooted backwards on the couch, confused at his action. He licked his lips and crawled towards me, staring into my eyes with his piercing blue ones.

"Something different," he muttered, pushing his lips onto mine. I fell back into the sofa, muffling a confused grunt as the turtle followed me.

"Mikey, what's going on?" I gasped, pushing him away slightly. He panted slightly as he leaned forward again.

"What do you mean?" he giggled, rubbing noses with me. Feeling tears I stood up and turned to look back at him. He was staring at me from the couch with a confused look in his eyes.

"Mikey, I know you don't like me. You never will. So, why are you-" he cut me off with a wave of his hand.

"Yes I do. I like you, in fact, I like you a lot," why was he saying this? Just to get something out of me? He knew how much I liked him, so was he playing me?

"You do?" I blurted out, slapping myself in my mind. He obviously never liked me, and he never would. He'd made it clear over the few months we'd known each other that he liked a blonde time-traveler he always talked about. Not me.

"Yeah," Mikey smiled, reaching for me like a kid for candy. Making a split-second, stupid, decision, I put my hand out.

~I don't give a f*ck about you anyways,
who ever said I gave a sh*t 'bout you?
You never share your toys or communicate;
I guess I'm just a play date to you.~

Mikey never told me he loved me. He said my name and that's it. Not a word after that. Afterward, as we lay there, in his bed, I felt like crying. I realized too late that I was.

We needed to talk.

"Mikey-" I tried, sitting up and reaching for my shirt. Instead of answering me, he rushed out of the room, claiming he wanted water.

I wish I didn't like him; I really did.

I could've liked Leo, with his caring nature, Raph and his hothead, secretly loving self, or even Donnie; the sweet dork. But, no. It had to be the gamer. Who knew he'd be the one to break my heart?

It wasn't intentional, I knew that.

He didn't know how to return feelings he didn't already have for someone. He could never love me, not unless he already did; which I knew was false.

He didn't know that what he was doing was hurting me so much. Or, I hoped he didn't.

~Ring around the rosey. I never know,
I never know what you need. Ring around the rosey,
I wanna give you, want to give you what you need.~

"Hey, my brothers are on their way back. I thought you should, uh, yeah. So they don't know that we, we-" I cut Mikey off with an easy smile as I finished pulling my sweats up.

"Yeah, I know," he gave me a weak smile as he limped out of the room, his ankle suddenly injured again.

I just wanted to go home. But, I knew that if I left now, Mikey would wonder what he did to make me leave so fast. On second thought, maybe I should've left then. Maybe, we could've talked. But I chickened out as I heard the t.v. turn on and Mikey sit down on the couch.

Why, why did it have to be Mikey? Why?

Just as I was walking out of Mikey's room, his brothers walked into the lair, bright smiles and laughter vibrating around the room. I wished I could join them. Instead, I just smiled and sat down on the opposite side of the couch, as far from Mikey as I could get. I noticed him look at me out of the corner of my eye, but I didn't look back, scared I would immediately burst into tears.

Donnie sat by me and gave me a questioning look, but I shook it off with a quick grin and checked my phone. Noticing it was already late, I stood up and took my leave, waving goodbye as I left.

I cried as I walked through the sewers, sniffling through my swollen eyes and stuffed nose. Then, I got a text. Goodnight, sleep tight, sent from Mikey. I didn't want to answer, so I shut my phone off and stuck it back in my pocket. 

~You know I give a f*ck about you everyday,
guess it's time that I tell you the truth.
If I share my toys, will you let me stay?~

With a defeated groan, I wiped my eyes and grabbed my phone, sending a single text to the teen I couldn't help but love, even if I knew he could never return it.

Goodnight.

~Don't wanna leave this play date with you.~

++++++++++

this is actually one of my fav oneshots ever trying to get a book figured out