Music Is My Soulmate

A/N: This is not technically a chapter but more of a one shot exploring the past of one of the members. It is compliant with the storyline. At first, I posted it on my Patreon—then I realized I lowkey was doing too much and deleted one of the tiers and decided to just post all of the boys' POVs on here! (It's a good thing; don't worry).

I'm sure you'll be able to tell who this chapter is focused on! There'll be more chapters like this in the future! I feel so happy—a double update and a special POV? Please vote and comment! If you notice any mistakes, please let me know! Until next time, my fireflies! 💜💜💜

보라해

__________________________

It started with hiding his lyrics. The words pulled from his heart, transcribed on a flimsy piece of paper, hidden between the pages of his workbooks. His mother didn't like seeing them.

That's okay. He just wouldn't let her see them.

So, that's how it went. He went to school, studied hard, and did his best to make his family proud. But, after he finished studying? When no one was looking?

He scribbled furiously at crumpled, torn pieces of paper, desperate to write down everything he had to tell the world and knowing it would never be enough. He'd never be able to stop—there was too much! The leaf floating on the wind, the flower barely beginning to bloom, the soft yet terrifying waves of the sea. It never ended. It never stopped.

He had to get it out; it couldn't stay in his head any longer. His words were begging to be heard. They needed to be heard.

That's why he continued even after his mother found his lyrics. Knowing she was disappointed, he continued to transfer his heart to paper.

If he could change one person with his music. If he could turn one person's life around. That would be enough. Or, that's what he told himself.

He knew. If there was one person he couldn't lie to or hide something from, it was himself. He knew that one person wouldn't be enough.

Over 7 billion people live in this world! One person would never be enough. He had to get his music out there—out to the world.

Life moved on, and still he wrote. He started rapping and created his own self-composed recording. A teacher told him about Eminem and recommended that he listen to him. He began to plan for the future.

His future crumbled when he scored in the nation's top 1% in the university entrance examinations. Language, foreign language, math, and social studies. Sure, he was good at these subjects. Maybe he could make a living out of it?

His parents wanted him to. They didn't believe in his musical career. Why would they? Their son—who has an IQ of 148–is throwing away everything that he has achieved. And for what? A half-baked chance that he might be able to make something of himself in the music industry.

He came this close to giving in, to giving up. They must be right—they were his parents! Why should he risk so much when he practically had his future secured if he went the way they wanted him to?

But, a small part of him waited. It told him to try one more time. Bare himself in front of them, show them his vulnerability, hope that they see his hunger, his need for this.