Chapter 30: Quixotic

Song recommendation: He Won't Go by Adele "So I won't go, he can't do it on his own. If this ain't love what is? I'm willing to take the risk."

It was going on three weeks since Sage has disassociated from the world. She had the same phone number but a new phone (since the incident) So messages were still rolling in here and there from her mother, until one day they stopped altogether. She almost had the right mind to answer her and make things right again but she wasn't sure if that's how things would play out in the end, especially concerning her dad who disowned her.

 She almost had the right mind to answer her and make things right again but she wasn't sure if that's how things would play out in the end, especially concerning her dad who disowned her

     David looked at her, holding all the little baggies of coke in a small box

David looked at her, holding all the little baggies of coke in a small box. "This is all?'

"C'mere, gimme kiss." He said ignoring her question. Obediently, she smirked at him with the box in her hand and stalked over to where he was standing. He was leaning on the bathroom counter opening his arms, waiting for her.

"Ugh, you didn't answer my question," she said as he peppered her face with wet kisses.

He pulled back, "Yes, bossy."

"I want this new leaf to actually turn over, starting with this bullshit," she held up the box and shook it a little bit for emphasis, "Now I called the doctor and he said that from your consultation you need a 7 day detox. You've been consuming a lot for years..."

He pulled at her gently by her chin, causing her to move closer to his body until she was almost in between his legs. "And it will, for you...us." Deep down he was grateful she had helped him get to this point. All he needed was that push anyways, because he had someone to replace all the unhealthy coping mechanisms he was used to. No one took this much time to love him like this and that's how he knew this was his soulmate.

For a minute they just took each other in like they did at times. David squeezed the bottom of her lip, tugging at it and bent down sucking on it. She pulled back giggling, "Babe..."

"Yeah you got me fucked up about you. A baby gonna complete us." He said. It was like reality hit him again that he was going to be a dad. All these years it took a girl like Sage to come along and steal his heart and bless him with more life—literally.