Chapter 153

A few days after Tonks and Remus's wedding, we were all called up to an Order meeting which Moody had formed. This time, me, Ron, and Hermione were there to, seeing as we were all finally of age.

As I already knew, Moody had changed the plans and told us the new idea he had for moving Harry to a safe house. Although with the slight difference that this time, unlike in the books, Sirius was going to be there too, and so was I.

So with the Polyjuice Potion ready, all of us went to Privet Drive. As we neared the Dursleys' house through the dark, I felt a lurch in my stomach. This was where it had all started.

From a cupboard under the stairs.

When we reached the house's door, Moody knocked upon it and moments later Harry opened it up, his eyes widening at our sight.

Hermione quickly went forward and flung her arms around him, Ron clapped him on the back, and Sirius greeted him warmly as we all got inside.

"All righ', Harry? Ready fer the off?" said Hagrid.

"Definitely," said Harry, beaming around at us all. "But I wasn't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," growled Mad-Eye. "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it."

"Harry, guess what?" said Tonks excitedly, wiggling her left hand at him to show off her ring.

"You got married?" Harry yelped, looking from her to Lupin.

"I'm sorry you couldn't be there, Harry, it was very quiet."

"That's brilliant, congrat —"

"All right, all right, we'll have time for a cozy catch-up later!" roared Moody, silencing us all. "You're underage, Potter, and that's a problem. Which means you've still got the Trace on you. The one thing we've got on our side is that You-Know-Who doesn't know we're moving you tonight. However, he's bound to have a couple of Death Eaters patrolling the skies in this general area, just in case. So, we've given a dozen different houses every protection we can throw at them. They all look like they could be the place we're going to hide you, they've all got some connection with the Order: my house, Kingsley's place, Molly's Auntie Muriel's — you get the idea. Any questions?"

"Er — yes," said Harry. "Maybe they won't know which of the secure houses I'm heading for at first, but won't it be sort of obvious once sixteen of us fly off toward Tonks's parents'?"

"Ah," said Moody, "I forgot to mention the key point. Sixteen of us won't be flying to Tonks's parents'. There will be eight Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight, each of them with a companion, each pair heading for a different safe house."

With that, Moody withdrew a flask of what looked like mud inside his cloak, which we all knew was the Polyjuice Potion.

"No!" said Harry loudly the moment he realized what it was, his voice ringing through the kitchen. "No way!"

"I told them you'd take it like this," said Hermione knowingly.

"If you think I'm going to let seven people risk their lives — !"

"— because it's the first time for all of us," said Ron.

"This is different, pretending to be me —"

"Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry," said Fred earnestly. "Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever."

But Harry didn't even smile. "You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair."

"Well, that's that plan scuppered," said George with a mocking sigh. "Obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate."