chapter 3

Isaac POV:

I checked the clock again.

8:58.

It hadn't even been 5 minutes since I had checked it before.

Mrs Madison droned on about something to do with trigonometry, which I already knew. My eyes started to droop involuntarily, sleep almost taking over when the door opened.

Immediately, everybody perked up, eager to see the saviour who had interrupted the most boring lesson.

"Ah you must be Harrison." Mrs Madison ushered him fully into the classroom.

He nodded, scanning the classroom and meeting everyone's beady eyes.

"Students, this is your new classmate called Harrison. He's new to the school so make sure you be kind to him. Harrison, you can go take a seat next to Gemma." She instructed him.

I looked at Gemma, expecting to see an annoyed reaction since she hated having to talk to new classmates, but instead, she was staring at him with love struck eyes. My eyes surveyed around the classroom to see nearly all the girls eyeing him up.

Maybe I had missed something.

I looked back at him, trying to understand.

His eyes were a deep, earthy brown, and his jet-black hair a contrast to his white skin. He must've felt my eyes on him and turned to the side, meeting mine. He simply smiled at me, surprising me so instead of smiling back, I looked down at my sheets of paper.

As Mrs Madison continued droning on, I let myself zone out again, hoping that this lesson would be over soon and lunch would come quick.

***

"I thought you liked girls?" Jax asked Gemma for what felt like the 100th time.

Gemma had decided all by herself to invite the new guy to sit at our table. Apparently he was a 'funny guy who she had a lot of things in common with.'

"I'm pan Jax." She gave him a deadpanned expression.

"Pan? But-"

Gemma looked up to see Harrison entering the canteen. "Shut up, he's coming. Be nice." She cut Jax off then glared at me. "Especially you, grumpy."

What was it with people giving me nicknames? My name wasn't that hard to say... right?

We watched as Harrison made his way across the canteen after spotting us. Suddenly, he was pulled aside by Bella, her whispering something in his ear followed by him shaking his head.

"What the fuck is she saying now?" Gemma growled, sending glares towards her. Harrison looked at her, then back at us before nodding his head and coming to our table. Since Jax and I were sitting next to each other, he sat opposite me, next to Gemma.

"That girl.. uhh Ella? Is that her name?" He had a confused look on his face, waiting for someone to correct him. I snorted at him forgetting Bella's name, but didn't say anything.

"What did she say to you?" Gemma's nosey ass asked straight away.

"She just asked if I wanted to sit with her but I said no." He nonchalantly replied, eating his fries.

"Of course she did. " Gemma muttered under her breath. "Anyways, this is Jax." She pointed to Jax who waved. "And this is Isaac." I just nodded.

"I'm Harrison but you guys can call me Harry." He grinned, showing off his scarily white teeth.

He was dodgy.

"So Harrison, what school did you used to go to?" I very politely asked, ignoring Gemma's glare.