Chapter II

Present.

Olivia's POV

The pain of having to wake up early on a Monday morning to go to work while suffering from a massive hangover headache from the weekend groove was honestly depressing. I was going to be late and honestly saying that I was worried was an understatement.

This was my life now, a tolerable existence

Being the marketing director at the cities leading advertising agency was a dream come true. As much as I loved what I do, it was really challenging at times, not to mention draining because apparently adulting is a full time job on its own also so yeah, the struggle was real.

Nonetheless, it was what I signed up for because I was passionate and very good at what I do, laziness aside

I searched for my phone underneath my pillow to read the time to notice a message pop my notification bar:

Greg : Good Morning babe, have a great day. I love you xoxo.

This was another thing, my 'boyfriend'

I've been in a few relationships these past few years but mine with Greg proved to be different from the others, I was sure that he was the one. Cliché, I know

Greg proved himself different from the other guys I've dated, and I actually saw a life with him. He was smart, caring, sweet and a gentleman. He was even the first guy I took home to meet my parents. I've already met his and our relationship was promising.

All the above however happened before he made partner at his firm. He was always busy, hardly had time for me. I literally had to beg him to even see me. When we made amends for us to spend time together, it would feel forced and his mind will seem to be miles away. I just knew we needed to talk.

.......as soon as I find the courage to bring the issue up because me being a coward was surely a weakness

I replied to his text before burying myself underneath the sheets again. I was so tired, my body felt heavy and still had a piercing headache. After the 10 more minutes I promised myself to get up had passed, I finally dragged myself out of bed and prepared to go to work.

“Ms. Davis”, a voice called out to me firmly on my way to sneak into my office, instantly sending shivers down my spine. I turned my head to see Mr. Spencer was standing at the doorway of his corner office. “In my office. Now”.

His demanding voice echoed around the room, earning us a couple of stares from some of my colleagues. I placed my laptop bag and purse on my table, and I drew a deep breath before I walked towards his office. He was on a call, literally screaming at the person on the other line before he placed down the receiver furiously. I gulped down hard when he set his eyes on me the minute he saw me peeking into his office.

“Close the door behind you”, he ordered roughly, and I did as I was told and approached his table. I just prayed that he wasn't going to ask me about the dim glasses I was wearing to cover up my hangover eyes the moment he rose his eyes to finally look up from the paper work his eyes were glued at in front of him. My legs couldn't carry me much longer, so I pulled myself a chair to sit on.

“Did I tell you to sit down?”, he deadpanned in the same tone he was using when he was roaring a few seconds ago as he straightened his bent posture to look at me

“You don't have to be so loud”, I muttered under my breath and I watched his eyebrows quirk up

“Excuse me?”

“I said no, you didn't tell me to sit down”, I started, and he was still looking at me with his eyebrow still raised as he leaned back on his chair