First Detention

Lacey was in the common room working on a Potions essay right before dinner started when the twins entered.

"Lacey, Hermione told us to tell you that she wants us to meet at the Hog's Head at noon on Saturday," George said.

"Okay, yeah. How come?"

Both Fred and George shrugged their shoulders, "you getting dinner?" Fred asked her.

"Yeah, I'm just about done this," Lacey said, shoving the parchment in her bag, "let me just put this in my room and we can all go down?"

The boys nodded and she skipped off upstairs. Lacey was loving how normal everything seemed between the three of them, especially with Fred. It was like nothing had happened, although she did catch him staring at her every once in a while, which of course she didn't mind and actually woke up early to make sure she looked as good as she could.

"Hey Katie, we're gonna go get some dinner, wanna come with?" Lacey said as she entered the dormitory.

"No thanks, I need to finish this homework. Can you bring me some food though?"

Lacey laughed, "sure thing!"

Katie Bell had spoken with Lacey a few weeks ago, worried that their friendship was ruined considering they hadn't spent any time together since she's been back. She explained to Lacey that they were both in a bad place and it meant nothing. Lacey wasn't mad at her at all. She's the one who broke his heart and left.

She skipped back down the steps and linked her arms with the twins and made them skip along with her. The three of them were laughing maniacally as they entered the Great Hall.

Professor Umbridge flicked her wand and the three of them flew apart from each other, Lacey hitting her head on the door.

She sat up, rubbing her stinging head with angry tears in her eyes but Fred saw her ready to scream and pulled her up and ushered her to the Gryffindor table.

"What is WRONG with that bitch?!" Lacey yelled loudly.

"Boys are girls are not allowed to be that close to each other, dearie," Umbridge said behind her in her fake sweet voice, "your outburst has earned you a detention. I'll see you Friday at 5PM, Ms. Lupin."

With that she walked off. Lacey groaned and put her head on the table dramatically.

"What do you think she's gonna make me do? Dye all her clothes pink? Transfigure myself into a cat so she can cuddle with me?"

Fred and George looked at each other frowning, "you haven't had to serve a detention with her yet, she makes you do lines-" George started saying.

Lacey laughed loudly, "oh, okay. I can deal with that."

"She makes you use a blood quill, Lace," Fred told her quietly.

Laceys mouth dropped open. She's heard of blood quills of course, but never expected a teacher to use them on students. This enraged Lacey even more.

Lacey was quiet throughout dinner and made sure to bring a bunch of food up for Katie. Once they reached the common room she sat in front of the fire to complete the essay she was working on, Fred sat on the chair next to the couch she was on and George went to his room.

"You need to be more careful, Lacey. She doesn't like you already because of your dad. She's prejudice."

"I knowwwww, I just can't keep my mouth shut though and let her think I don't have my own thoughts or whatever. She can't just sit there and spread hate and lies to students. Especially the younger ones that don't know better, I can't stand her."