TWENTY NINE

TWENTY NINE. MEGAN

DAISY HAD LISTENED TO THE RECORDING OF THE PHONE CALL, AND QUICKLY UNDERSTOOD WHY HOTCH HAD SAID WHAT HE DID. She didn't blame him in the slightest. This woman...whoever she was, had serious trauma from her past and was acting on it in the most intense way possible.

"So, here's what we know about Megan Kane," JJ handed Hotch a file with all the information Garcia had managed to gather and fax over. It wasn't the largest of lists, but there were notable names and associations within the fine print. "Her parents divorced eight years ago."

"After the divorce, she travelled internationally, we're not sure when she came back," Spencer continued. Daisy looked up from the photos she'd been sifting through to see recognition wash over the boss' face. "But she kind of fell off the grid, which is easier to do when you're making tens of thousands of dollars a night."

"Garcia put a trace on her father," JJ tapped her pen against the list of bank statements. "Communication, accounts, the whole nine. I also forwarded the picture to Dallas P.D and upscale hotels."

"What is it?" Daisy's brows furrowed curiously. Hotch looked up to meet her eyes.

"I saw her two nights ago in the elevator of my hotel," he replied, a deep frown on his lips. "Call Ebbett Oil. Tell Andrew Kane I need to meet with him as soon as possible."

★☆

"You have the wrong woman," Andrew Kane seemed like a typical rich asshole. His hairline was nonexistent and his suit was more expensive than Hotch's, and he seemed to care more about his image than the workers that he was likely underpaying.

"No, we don't," Hotch was confident in his answer. Daisy walked beside him, her eyes trained on the side of Andrew's head. He wasn't a hard man to profile - a wealthy, divorced Vice President of a company she didn't care about. If something threatened his reputation...that's when he'd start to worry. 

"Is this how the FBI does their job now, making random accusations against people they don't even know?" Andrew remarked harshly. His head moved back and forth like a bobble-head, his feigned confidence masking his true feelings.

"She kept the purity ring you gave her," Daisy spoke up, her lips twitching a little as Andrew came to a stop, taken aback by the information. His smug smirk had faded - he wasn't as clear as he thought he was. "We found it in a penthouse that tone of her customers rented for her."

"Andrew, don't say anything," Ellen demanded. Daisy resisted the urge to glare, but it wasn't an easy feat. 

"When you cut off your ex-wife, you cut off Megan, too," Hotch pressed on, watching as Andrew pushed past and continued walking across the building.

"We still think you can help us if you can contact Megan," Daisy said, quickening her pace to catch up with the man.

"We're done here," the man didn't even look back. Daisy scoffed, meeting Ellen's self-satisfied expression for a moment. Hotch stopped beside her, and lightly touched her arm.