Prologue

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, happy birthday. Happy birthday to you." Everyone sang for the twins – Park Sunghoon and Park Jay. "Make a wish." Their mother said while their father lit the candles.

Jay smirked because it's been a while since he celebrated his birthday with his family, or celebrated his birthday at all. He studied abroad for 9 years and lived with his fathers close friend.

When his father's friend's family decided to move back to Korea pretty recently, they took him with them.

'I wish to not get separated from Sunghoon again.' Jay wished before blowing his candles.

"Sunghoon's turn." Their mother said, making Jay back away for Sunghoon. She was taking a video and pictures of him. "Light it again. One more." She said and tarted taking photos of Sunghoon blowing the candles.

Jay rolled his eyes and convinced himself that he doesn't really like his pictures to be take while blowing candles anyway. It'll turn out funny anyway. It's just a bunch of pictures with you having a duck face in front of a stupid cake.

"So that's Sunghoon's twin. He looks like a troublemaker."

"I never knew he has a twin."

"I wonder if he skates as well?"

"He doesn't look like he does."

"Rumors had it, that he was abroad for a rehab."

"No wonder."

"I heard that it's normal for twins to have a successful and gifted one and one reject."

Jay sat on the couch and listened to them whispering. They must think he can't understand Korean well to gossip in front of him. Or maybe they don't think he can hear at all.

The program is now starting. Apparently this is how Sunghoon has been celebrating his birthday. Jay felt like a loser for spending his birthdays like any ordinary day foe the past 9 years of his life. This seems fun.

While a slide show of Sunghoon was being projected on a panel, Jay's bestfriend, Lia sat beside him. She was late. Judging by the was she was catching her breath, she did try not to. She's the daughter of Jay's father's friend. They basically grew up together.

He's now closer to Lia than to Sunghoon.

"I got the goodies." Lia jokes, taking out her gift for Jay. It was a bunch of socks and white shirts. It wasn't even gift wrapped, or folded nicely.

Lia knew that Jay loves dancing a lot, and needs these stuff. Rather than buying him something fancy that would end up on display, she decided to be practical and give him something he can actually use.

"What's going on?" She asked while Jay was chuckling at her gifts for him. This is so Lia. She probably got this on a sale as well.

"One by one they give a speech like a school program." Jay said and sat back. It's Sunghoon's coach's turn.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. 10 years ago I was about to give up on my career. I couldn't find a skater who share the same principles as I am. Me and my students never really meet eye to eye. They never fully trusted me. I thought I was hopeless, until I met this hard working boy who really loved skating. He loved being on ice. I already knew then that I met the right student for me, Park Sunghoon."

The other guests applaud on the story of how he met Sunghoon.

"Sungyeon, Jae, thank you for bringing the ice prince to the world. I can only imagine how proud you are to have such a responsible, hard working and gifted child. You both are such a lucky parents to have Sunghoon, child, you're such a lucky kid to have such supportive parents. You're going places and I am not saying this because I'm your coach. I'm saying this because I believe in you as a person." He finished. The room was filled with loud sounds of applause once again.

"Now was Sunghoon and Jay's class adviser's turn. "Happy birthday, class representative. We're truly blessed that you're brought up to this world."

It was all just "Blah blah blah in Jay's ears. He felt out of place. Somehow he saw the celebration as just for Sunghoon, so he grabbed the cake while everybody was focused on the stage. He's never had a cake on his birthday for a long time.

While holding a two layered cake, he went to the nearest park. It was already getting dark but he doesn't mind. It's always good to hide in the dark, where nobody can see you.

He started eating the cake alone but stopped because it was too sweet for his liking.

He sat there, resting his back on at tree and stared at the sky. "I'm not sad, nor angry. I don't feel anything at all." He tried to convince himself.

"Why are you sad and angry?" A man who was behind him asked.

Jay stood up, startled and scared. His voice was deep and scary and he's pretty tall as well. "No reason, Sir." Jay forced a response.

"No reason? That can't be true, and you know thay." The man said and sat beside him. Jay sat back down as well.

"Happy birthday Ice Prince Park Sunghoon and Jay." He red the icing on the cake. "It's your birthday?" The man took out a lighter and lit up the candle once again.

"Make a wish." The man told him.

"No thanks, sir. I already did at my party." Jay responded.

"Stop calling me sir. I'm Namjoon. Just call me hyung." He told Jay since he was too formal.

"Hyung." Jay repeated then made a wish blew the candle. "I'm Jay." He introduced himself.

"Happy birthday, Jay. I hope you're not angry or sad anymore. Go back kid, your parents might be worried." Namjoon stood up and left him there.

The thought of it was comforting. His parents looking for him. His parents worried about him, because they never will be.

Jay walked walked around for the next couple of hours, he went here and there trying to find something that he's not sure of.

He went to this arcade and decided to get himself a gift. That was until he got into trouble.

His feet eventually brought him back home and saw everybody still celebrating. Nobody noticed his disappearance. They're still taking pictures and the speech segment hasn't finished yet.

"Where have you been?" Lia hit Jay on the shoulder. "Sunghoon just made a really good speech about you and you missed it. We were worried." She scolded her bestfriend.

"Worried? Who?" Jay gestured at the fools still celebrating.

"Us, you idiot!" Sunghoon growled at him.

"You can't just keep on disappearing without telling anyone. You make people worried." She finished, wrapping her hands around him as she sobs.

Jay now knew the weight of his actions. "I can't help it, I have the power of invisibility." He jokes but Lia wasn't impressed.

Sunghoon stared at the two and got slightly jealous. He doesn't have friends like these. He has no one to goof around with and share moments like this. Nobody reminds him that he's alive and has his own life. That he exists and not just the puppet of his parents and coach.

...

A/N: Can I just say that I am currently torturing myself again with a Survival show. This is going to break my heart once again.

Comment down who you're rooting for in I-Land. Drop down your top 12.