Chapter 12: The Stratford Tower

Your POV

"We can't stay silent anymore." Markus comes up to Simon, Josh, North, Rupert, and I as we help fix up the badly damaged androids. "It's time humans heard what we have to say."

"You know they'll never listen to us," Simon tells him, standing up from his crouched position to face Markus.

"And revealing ourselves will put us in danger," Josh adds to what Simon said.

"That's a risk you guys are gonna have to be willing to take," I say as I look at all of them.

Markus nods at me. "If we want freedom, we need to have the courage to ask for it. That's the only way."

We're all standing around Markus now, all of us looking at each other.

"What do you wanna do?" North asks.

"Channel 16 broadcasts from the Stratford Tower. The control room is on the top floor. That's where we need to go. We'll plan the operation down to the smallest detail. We can't leave anything to chance." Markus says to us. We all nod so he continues. "We'll need a change of clothes. (Y/n), Rupert, and I will go through the front and North you will come in through the fire escape on the 47th floor. From there we will climb to the top and let Simon and Josh in from the service lift. From there we get into the main access corridor and then the broadcast room. We send a message and then head to the roof where there will be five parachutes for us to make our escape."

"Wait, wait, wait. I have to climb the side of a building?!" I ask.

Rupert looks at me suspiciously until it hits him. "You're afraid of heights, aren't you?"

"No, of course not. That's ridiculous." I lie.

"You're lying." They all say.

'Fucking androids.'

"Of course I'm scared of heights!" I yell. "And-and-and now you're telling me I have to climb the side of a building!"

"It'll be safe. You'll be with us." Markus reassures and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Rupert playfully nudges my arm. "We have your back, Munchkin."

"Wait a sec. Why am I even coming?" I ask.

"To get you back to your dad, of course." Markus answers.

I look at him in shock. "Really?"

Markus smiles. "Yeah."

I smirk. "Just when I was getting used to staying here too. When do we start?"

"Now."

Markus, Rupert, and I change clothes before we leave. Markus and Rupert and are in suits while they get me some clean jeans and a clean shirt. They give me a coat and some gloves too since it's cold outside. I have Rupert's hat on to hide my face. Once we're all ready we meet up by the entrance of the boat.

"Looking sharp," I say as I look at Markus and Rupert. They smile at me.

Rupert runs his fingers through his hair. "I try." He shrugs.

I shake my head with a smile.

"Let's go," Markus says.

So Markus, Rupert, and I get in one taxi, Simon and Josh in another, and North in one by herself as we all do our parts in this mission. On the way, Markus tells us the plan in more detail.

When we arrive we all hop out. I'm in the middle and Rupert and Markus are on either side of me. They both hold my hands, posing as a gay married couple with me as their child. We walk up to the reception desk where there are two androids and a human supervisor.