The Arena

A/N: She staring that Nexu downnn.

"Traitor." Those are the words Azaylia wakes up too. She finds herself in the air surrounded by a blue force field. Azaylia glances to the right. Obi-Wan seems to be in the same situation she's in. Count Dooku stalks around him.

"Oh no my friend. This is a mistake. A terrible mistake! This is madness. They've gone to far."
"I though you were the leader here Dooku." Obi-Wan states.
"This had nothing to do with me, I assure you." Count Dooku says. "I will petition to have you both set free immediately."
"Well I hope it won't take too long. We've got work to do..." Obi-Wan scowls at Dooku.
"May I ask...why two Jedi Knights are out here on Geonosis?" Dooku walks around Obi-Wan.
"We've been tracking a Bounty Hunter called Jango Fett...do you know him?"
"There are no Bounty Hunters here, that I am aware of. The Geonosians don't trust them." Dooku answers.
"Well who can blame them? But he is here. I can assure you." Obi-Wan nods.

"It's unfortunate our paths have never crossed before Obi-Wan...Qui Gon always spoke very highly of you...I could use his help right now."
"Qui Gon Jinn would never join you." Obi-Wan spits.
"Don't be so sure young Jedi...you forget that he was once my apprentice, just as you were once his. He knew all about the corruption of the Senate...he would've not have gone along with it if he learned the truth as I have."
"Master Qui Gon still would've never joined you." Azaylia glares.
"Ah Master Barlette. Another Jedi I've heard highly of. Known for her determination and feisty attitude. Glad to see your awake."
"Don't talk to me...Dooku." She says darkly.
"You were saying...the truth?" Obi-Wan presses.
"The truth..." he pauses. "What if I told you the Republic was now under the control of the dark lord of the Sith."
"Nonsense!" Azaylia scoffs with a toss of her head. "The Jedi would be aware of it."
"The Dark Side of the Force has clouded their vision my pretty pet..." What is with everyone calling her pretty today?! She's just about had enough!

Azaylia senses Obi-Wan's jaw clenching again. "Hundreds of Senators are under the influence of a Sith Lord named Darth Sidious..."

The name sends a chill down the women's back.
"I don't believe you." Obi-Wan argues.
"The Viceroy was once in league with this Darth Sidious... but he was betrayed ten years ago by the dark lord. He came to me for help. He told me everything. You must join me, Obi-Wan...and together we will destroy the Sith."
"No!" Azaylia screams at Dooku trying to thrash around. "He will never join you! Obi-Wan...don't." She looks at him with pleading eyes.

Much to her relief, he was on the same page.
"I will never join you, Dooku." His words drip with venom.
"It may be difficult to secure your release..." Count Dooku says as he walks out.

Azyalia heaves a sigh and tries to relax which is nearly impossible.
"I think...I've just had enough of today. Too much."
"I couldn't agree more." Obi-Wan agrees.
"Do you notice that your jaw clenches whenever another man calls me pretty?" She asks him teasingly.
"I don't what you're talking about..." he lies but Azaylia doesn't press further

Silence comes over the two until Azaylia breaks it with one word.
"Ben?" Obi-Wan hums in response. "I need to tell you something..."
"What is it?" He asks.
"I may not get to see you ever again...and I want to tell you this before we possibly die." She swallows.
"Azaylia don't think like that. We'll make it out alive." He frowns.
"But what if we don't. What if I don't." She drops her head.
"Zayli-" he starts but she stops him in his tracks.

"I love you Ben!" Azaylia blurts out and then sighs. "I've loved you since the day we saw each other again all those years ago...even when we were children...when I didn't know what love was. I missed you during my time away from the Temple more then you know and seeing you again made my heart beat... when Master Qui Gon died and I saw you cry...I wanted t-to kiss you until you stopped crying and smiled that adorable smile of yours that I've seen in my dreams over and over again. I've been trying to push my feelings away for the longest time but I can't. I know you don't feel the same way for me. You're a picture perfect Jedi and...I know I can never have you." Azaylia drew in a shaky breath.
"Not saying goodbye to you when I left the Order will forever be my deepest regret...I'm sorry." Azaylia lets her words sink in.
"Zayli...do you really believe that I don't have feelings for you?" Obi-Wan asks softly.
"How am I supposed to know. You hide them so well." The women laughs sadly.
"I've always loved you...as soon as I understood what love was." He starts. "When you left the Order I...I was devastated. When I saw you again, I wanted to ask you all these questions but...why did you not tell me? I would've came with you..." he finishes, looking her in the eye.
"That's exactly why I didn't tell you." Azaylia shifts slightly. "You dreamed of becoming a Jedi Master...I couldn't take that away from you." Azaylia states.