9

It had already entered autumn and the weather had gradually become colder. All over Chang De Gong Fu was an atmosphere of cheer as a variety of carriages parked inside. The gatekeepers had bowed to the point their waists couldn't straighten but kept smiles on their faces to welcome people inside the main gates.

At ermen, the Chang De Duke's only son and his nephew through his wife enthusiastically welcomed the coming guests. The two were still very young and received compliments of being promising youths.

In the recent years, Chang De Gong Fu had declined further and further but nothing could beat the fact that they gave birth to a good daughter that married Duan Wang to become a wang fei. No matter what they though inside, they still had to do all the formalities. If they didn't act on behalf of the monk, they still had to respect the Buddha. All of them still had to respect Duan Wang.

Thankfully, this Chang De Gong Fu was Duan Wang's in-laws so the benefits of coming in person and giving presents were higher than the cost.

"The Duke of Chang De's fortunes are as good as the North Sea is deep." The one that spoke was the Marquis of Bao Rong. He was only a middling character in the city of Jing but the Duke of Chang De didn't dare offend him and came up to greet him.

"It's nothing, nothing. Thanks, Marquis, for coming all this way." The duke took the other's hand as they walked towards the main hall. The other didn't remain courteous and as they walked, he said, "Today is your birthday, I wonder when will Duan wang ye arrive. When the time comes, I will have to rely on the duke to introduce me to wang ye."

When the Duke of Chang De heard this, he didn't feel so good inside. The message that Duan Wang Fu returned said clearly that wang fei will come, but as to whether wang yewould come or not, that wasn't confirmed. The words of the Marquis of Bao Rong stirred irritation in the Duke of Changde's heart at his married daughter for not having any skill at conquering wang ye's heart and forcing him to feel so awkward.

"Of course, of course," The duke smiled as he ushered the other person into the room to disguise his awkwardness.

The Marquis of Bao Rong smiled and said: "Since the duke is busy, I'll walk myself in, no need to be so courteous." Finishing, he entered the hall. Inside, he really was mocking the duke. Maybe others didn't know but he was clear, that daughter that the Qu Family married into Duan Wang Fu wasn't liked one iota by wang ye. It would be a strange thing indeed if wang ye did come participate in the Duke of Changde's birthday banquet.

Did he think that if his daughter was a wang fei, he was a relative of the Imperial Family? Pah!

In the gardens of neiyuan, Liang shiwas receiving the womenfolk. Seeing that this year was busier than last year, Liang shi felt conflicted. In past years, these people only sent presents but didn't come personally. Today, they all had the spare time. It was all because that Qu Qing Qu became a wang fei. These people were still scorning her for not treating Qu Qing Ju well, as though if they said it, they were much more noble.

"The way I see it, furen really is lucky. The eldest daughter is Duan Wang Fei, and this third daughter looks like a flower," The Marquess of Bao Rong stopped and looked meaningfully at the shu[1] second daughter of Changde Gong Fu that was standing in the corner, "Er guniang is also a paragon, this type of good fortune is something we can't even touch."

"Wang furen, don't compliment these yatou anymore," Liang shi's smile was slightly cold, "These wild girls, they can't compare to your fu's ladies." This entire Jing, who didn't know that the Marquis of Bao Rong's eldest daughter wanted to marry a poor scholar to the point of death, but now she was coming back to her home every few days to beg for money.