Chapter 8

Despite Zayden's official title, he remained in the abandoned palace. As a gift, Celine renovated the room and placed various textiles around the walls, even switching out his bed. Celine ensured that he was given proper meals everyday, and arranged expensive garments for Zayden to wear. 

The Second Prince also received education and physical training from an instructor. He relearned the materials Celine had already taught him, and focused on mastering swordsmanship.

Unfortunately, the people of Nour did not want to accept the half-Krastian prince. He was often ostracized by children around his age, while adults regarded him with disgust.
This was all encouraged by the Emperor, who was displeased with Zayden's unexpectedly strong familiar. He had wanted to get rid of the disgraced prince, yet the Second Prince was growing stronger everyday. 

The Zionittes believed Krastians were inferior in terms of intelligence, height, and appearances. But Zayden ignored their direct insults with an indifferent look, infuriating the nobles even more. He never smiled, and his golden eyes narrowed intimidatingly in public gatherings. Thus, his reputation as a cold-blooded prince became notorious.

It was a sunny afternoon when Zayden had finished his lessons and decided to visit Celine's residence. Despite his indifference to the palace life, he had attentively memorized every aspect of her room when he had first walked in.

Celine's grand room was located in the Diamond hall near the Crown Prince. Its vaulted ceiling featured elaborately patterned, golden tiles that also covered the walls. The interior's decor was heavily influenced by the arts and crafts from the market. Her furniture and vanity were lavishly adorned with silk textiles. There was a Persian-style carpet underneath her Queen sized bed filled with the softest fabrics and high quality cushions. 

In the corner of the room, there was a wooden desk that remained unkept and messy. He had noticed rose petals sprawled over the surface of the desk, along with small earthenware pots and liquids. There were also multiple ancient books and research papers surrounding the desk.

"This is where I hand-make a lot of goods. The scent you smell from me and oh so love are made from roses." She had smiled confidently at her workspace.

The smell of her signature, flowery fragrance lingered in the air. It was the smell that made Zayden infinitely blush and lift up his bad mood.

Zayden slightly loosened his stiff facial expression as he recalled this sweet memory. As he reached the diamond hall, he walked towards a grand terrace with polychromic tiles of geometric patterns covering the ceilings. Underneath the center of the terrace was a fountain with yellow marble statues. Also below the bulbous dome was a young girl who stood out from a sea of children.

He frowned, and Celine immediately sensed a dark presence from far away. She turned to find Zayden's gloomy expression and beckoned him over, to the other children's dismay. 

Zayden's head was clouded with worry as he reached the scene. Celine was his whole world, and he revolved around her. A crushing sensation overwhelmed his heart as he realized it wasn't the same for her. 

In this entire world, there was only one Celine. She was special and especially different, and Zayden wasn't the only man who knew. Countless young men came to visit her, and he could do nothing but stare coldly, making sure they never laid a finger on her.

The young boy knew Celine already belonged to the Crown Prince. Although he did not understand marriage or love, he knew that Celine wouldn't be able to play with him forever due to this reason. When he had found out, he selfishly wished that his brother would never return from war.