CHAPTER 54

Have you ever seen the moon dolled up? I have. Every single day, it dolls up little by little to finally shine bright as a full moon.

Ruhee was super excited today. Sahma was going to come over and talk to her parents about her and Aayan's marriage. Her Aunts family, which is her father's sister's family, had also come over. She got up early and took a long hot shower. Had her breakfast seperately, as her parents were busy in preparing sweets and snacks for their arrival. The house had a festive atmosphere today.

Ruhee has skipped college today, and her friends are being very impatient, wanting to know everything that is happening.

Jian - Why are we not invited?!!

Aina - Because it is a discussion between families, not friends.

Jian - *Scoffs*

Afza - Make sure you get dressed properly. Do your make up well. Take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

Jian - Make sure Aayan doesn't take his eyes off of you. 😏

Aina - Aayan is not gonna come. The groom is not allowed to see the bride yet.

Jian - But he is not the groom, he is her husband. Now, if the husband can't see the wife, Ruhee, I demand a talaq.

Aina - Shut up, Jian. Talk, I mean, text good on this auspicious day!!

Jian - Who made you the queen of "I know everything" land?!

Aina - *Gasp* I am offended.

Aina - Just because I know stuff, doesn't mean I am snooty.

Jian - Oh, I know who is snooty.

Ruhee - Aren't you guys sitting together in college right now? Why you fighting over text?

Afza - Bro, they are not just fighting over text, it's a blood bath here. Ask me, and I am stuck in the middle!!!

Ruhee - 😂😂 well, deal with them.

Afza - I don't have patience like you. If they continue this, I am gonna beat them up!!

Just then, 'Ruhee, you haven't gotten ready yet? Hurry up! They will be here any moment!' Ruhee's mother says to her, as she peeks into her room, 'Yes, Ammi.' Ruhee says, 'Don't worry, Mami. I'll get her ready.' Ruhee's cousin sister, Aisha says as she walks in. Ruhee's mother nods and walks away.

Ruhee - Gotto go get ready guys. See ya.

Aina - Yaay for Ruhee.

Afza - Please put on make up more than lipstick and mascara.

Jian - I want pictures, lady!!

Ruhee laughs at her friends and turns to her dear sister, who was smiling at her, 'Ready?' she asks Ruhee and she nods her head. Ruhee wears her cream coloured Anarkali dress and sits in from of the mirror. Her sister brings out the make up when Ruhee says, 'Not too much, didi.' 'I know, darling.' Her sister says, and starts her make up. It didn't take much to get her make up done. Then her sister made her wear two fat, gold bangles in each hand and a ring in her right hand. She placed a Maang tika on Ruhee's head, that was just the right big for her forehead. She then put on her dazzling teardrop earrings along with  a princess necklace. Not the hijab, but Ruhee just covered her braided hair with her cream Anarkali dupatta, which had a golden beads border. Overall, Ruhee looked beautiful.

Aisha had tears forming in her eyes as she said, 'My baby sister is getting married.' Ruhee let out a small laugh, as water grazed her tear line as well, 'Mashallah.' They heard someone say, and they turned around to find Ruhee's Aunt and Mother standing at the door way. They walked in and engulfed Ruhee in a warm hug. They pulled apart and kissed her forehead and said, 'You look beautiful.' with tears in their eyes. Just then, the bell rang, indicating that Aayan's family was here, 'Girls, hurry up. They have come...' Ruhee's father stopped in the middle, as he saw his elder daughter. He just stared at her with so much love in his eyes and said, 'Do you really have to get married?' On hearing him say that, all the woman present in the room laughed, 'Of course, Emaan. I let my Aisha go, and now you have to let Ruhee go.' Ruhee's Aunt, Zaina, said, 'Okay, okay. The groom side is here. All out.' Mahira said, and looked at Ruhee, 'You stay here, My girl. Until, Aisha comes and calls you.' Ruhee nods her head, as everyone leaves.