37

Qu Qing Ju saw the paper kite disappear after a while and said with some pity, "Oh, the weather hasn't turned warm yet but some already have the leisure time to fly kites. It must be such a refined person."

"What refined person," He Heng walked in with large steps and happened to hear this sentence. He promised with a thin smile, "If Qing Qu likes it, when the weather turns warm, I'll take you to the estate to play. You can fly whatever you want."

"It's too tiring to run," Qu Qing Ju disliked it, "if wang ye really cares for me, how about finding a few more chefs for this fu and let me taste all the foods in the world."

"That's good too. After a bit, I'll take you to the estate to taste authentic peasant food," He Heng pulled her inside and took down his cape to hand to a yahuan, "Those foods might not be as refined as in the fu but it has a special flavour in itself."

"En, the dried meat that the estate sent over a few days ago was good," Qu Qing Ju poured him a cup of tea. After He Heng received it, she then sat down on the chair next to him, "I'll let them send some more over."

"Even if the flavour of these smoked foods is good, but it isn't good for the body to consume too much. You still have to abstain," He Heng took a drink of tea. When he heard what Qu Qing Ju said, he set down the teacup, "Don't act according to your likes only."

Hearing this, Qu Qing Ju smiled and turned to trim a short pine tree: "Don't worry wang ye, I won't do stupid things." On the matter of food, the ancients had been experts a long time ago. But He Heng's words, did it have a double meaning?

"Alright, I know you like good food and will control yourself," He Heng felt that Qu Qing Ju was still smiling but the mirth had lessened. He could only helplessly change the topic, "The person who was flying the paper luanin the fu, no matter who, you have to lock them up."

Qu Qing Ju saw his face was slightly stern and slowly nodded: "Wang ye's meaning is ... ..."

"Let's investigate before anything else first," He Heng raised his cup again but didn't drink. He looked seriously at Qu Qing Ju, "There is always some people that don't belong to you or me in this wang fu."

She hadn't thought that He Heng would tell such things to her. Qu Qing Ju looked at this man in a new light. This person definitely was decisive and ruthless, but he was gentle and elegant normally and lowered people's defences, "Wang ye is suspicious that this person has other loyalties."

"There's many ways to attract my attention, this way isn't very skilled," He Heng smiled thinly, "I saw that paper luan hadn't flown very high before the string broke and it fell outside the fu. This isn't something done to attract my attention."

Qu Qing Ju slightly raised an eyebrow. She had assumed that someone was using this way to attract He Heng's attentions. She hadn't thought that someone would actually use this tactic to pass on a message at this special time. Thinking to there, she gave a shallow smile and pointed out, "Maybe it's a coincidence?"

"Coincidence, on purpose, it doesn't matter," He Heng calmly spoke, "We can't keep this person."

The hand Qu Qing Ju used to trip the bonsai turned askew and cut down an additional branch. She picked up the pine branch with some pity. This pot was another one she had cut into a failure. In her last life, she had studied dancing and later became an agent in the dance circles. At the very least, she would be considered to be nimble in hand and feet, but how did she become a murderer of bonsai?

Putting down the scissors in her hand, she turned to wash her hands in the copper basin a yahuan was holding. As she wiped her hands, she said: "These things, wang ye can make the decisions. The only thing I can help you do is manage this houyuan."