39

The reason that the Princess Royal had suddenly returned to Jing was as Qu Qing Ju had expected. Something had happened. It really wasn't some unexpected incident. It was just an usually good man like the Count of Bei Lu had suddenly taken a fancy for a daughter of a little official and had wanted to take the person into the fu. Such a person like the Princess Royal didn't even argue with him and crisply sent somebody with the girl to return home. Who knew that the Count of Bei Lu was so angry he installed this person a mistress[1] outside.

When the Princess Royal found out, she gathered her servants and tore down the residence that the Count of Bei Lu had outside. Then she took her children with her back to Jing. As to how the Count of Bei Lu was, the Princess Royal didn't care at all.

Qu Qing Ju finished listening to the entire story and sighed: "The love between husband and wife, it's just this." The daring that the Princess Royal had, a lot of it was based in the fact that she was the Emperor's daughter, that she was the Princess Royal of noble birth. If it was another woman who met such a thing, even if she left, who would help get justice for her?

After Jin Zhan recited the story from beginning to end, she whispered: "Nubi has also heard that the Emperor and Empress already know of the incident. The Emperor is very angry and has summoned for the Count of Bei Lu to come into Jing. "

A man like the Count of Bei , he hadn't really been in love. He was only wary of the status of the Princess Royal and hadn't met the woman that made his heart move. Now that he met a young and innocent girl, he forgot his wife, forgot his children and forgot his own identity. This kind of man, compared to those womanizers, was there a difference?

When He Heng came back from court, his expression wasn't well. It looked like he also knew what had happened with the Princess Royal.

"In the future, when you go to the Princess Royal's residence, spend some time with her," When He Heng stopped, he gave a sigh, "This Count of Bei Lu is too outrageous."

Qu qing Ju pretended to not have known already: "What is it?"

He Heng instantly went silent for a beat before answering: "He let down the Princess Royal, fuhuang was very angry and summoned him back to Jing."

Knowing that he didn't want to go into the details, Qu Qing Ju smiled and said: "It's late, let's eat now."

He Heng glanced outside before nodding. He affirmed: "It's really not early anymore. After we eat, I'll take you out to see the lanterns." He was still thinking about this event and didn't want other people's happenings to affect the mood between the two of them. He then continued, "There's going to be many people tonight. I've gotten someone to prepare a veil for you. It will be good to go for a walk."

Qu Qing Ju revealed a smile: "Then let us eat quickly. I still have to change." The clothing she was wearing was beautiful, but it reached the floor and wasn't appropriate to go outside.

Knowing that she wanted to go outside, He Heng smiled and agreed: "Yes." He turned and washed his hands, preparing to eat.

The meal started with a small bowl of yuan xiao[2]. Qu Qing Ju used half a bowl before randomly eating a few other dishes before she started to wash her hands and rinsing her mouth. When He Heng put down his chopsticks, she stood to go to the inner room to change.

Holding a cup of digestive tea, the smile on He Heng's face grew deeper. Looking at the gradually darkening sky outside, He Heng ordered Qian Chang Xin and the others to prepare a carriage.

Qu Qing Ju changed on a blue-green tight girdled short dress. She styled her hair into a douwoji. When she came out she saw He Heng sitting at the side drinking tea. She came forward and asked: "What does wang ye think of this?"